Scarlet epic lighting

JadeAndSerpentine

Previously called Nausicaa.

I am an aspiring writer who loves reading (and creating) tales of fantasy and adventure, writing poetry, and exploring new genres. I hope that some day I will become a decent writer, but one step at a time!

I mean... it's not like my poetry ever follows punctuation or formatting rules.

Anyways, thanks for reading this. As always, all feedback, comments, and questions are appreciated.

Have a great day, folks!

untitled

ever    so    soft
   her lips    
   touch mine
ever    so    beautiful
   her eyes
   meet mine
ever    so    subtle
   she whispers
   to me
   "I love you, but I have to leave."

• acrosstheskysky

ahhh i love how short yet powerful this is! the use italics makes it even more poetic!

• JadeAndSerpentine

Yaaaaaaaaaay!!! Thank you so much RNE!

• RNE

Your work is seriously awesome ! (p.s now you have 60 followers! YAY!!! /(^ U^)/ )

• JadeAndSerpentine

:D

• Aarushikrishnan

So many feels :'(

• JadeAndSerpentine

@Gabriel Goodwin (if you ever see this):

Thank you!!! Your comments made me so happy! I'm glad you like my username. It just kinda popped into my head one day, and I was like, that sounds cool :)

• Gabriel Goodwin

And and anndddddd also, JadeAndSerpentine sounds badass I dunno why! It sounds really cool like they're the besterest of friendssss (on purpose XD)

Princess Mononoke is L I F E

• Gabriel Goodwin

This is really good! There's really something beautiful about short pieces and this piece stands out because of that!

And btw, thanks so much for the comment, I feel empowered to keep writing!

• Catlover

Wanted to let you know about my upcoming book club:

• Johanna

WHY!! The twist in the end... this is so beautifully written, and the structure and spacing is amazing. I just want to tell you that I love your profile picture- Princess Mononoke is LIFE

• JadeAndSerpentine

Thank you!!!

• Luna Lemon

Awww.... this is so beautiful! This was such a short, bittersweet poem. The italicized lines really stand out and I love how you used the prompt. The format really enhanced the poem and I love your word choice that created a calming, yet melancholic tone(soft, subtle, whispers, etc) and of course that beautifully heartbreaking last line.
    This was a great take on the prompt! Amazing job:)

• JadeAndSerpentine

Thank you!

• Carpizza

I love how simplistic yet beautifully written this is! The repetition of ever so with the use of italics really brings in the emotion of this piece.