Dsc04727 %282%29

ollieollie

Um......hi

Over the past year, I defeated a fear of other people, learned the value of clarity and brevity, fought writer's block, and developed pride in my words.

Now I am a writer with a love for onomatopoeias and an affinity for semicolons.

This isn't rhetorical. I am legit very confused.

A Brief Question

3
I have been through exactly one, very easy breakup.

I have watched friends get cheated on multiple times, only to get back with that very same person.

I have seen middle school relationships last four years.

I have seen people get married.

I have seen children lose parents.

I have seen parents lose children.

I have seen people get divorced.

And it has come to my attention, in the last several months, that I have no plausible idea of what love is.
Can someone explain it to me? I honestly would like to know.

Thank you,
Olivia

• ollieollie

very eloquently said. dang. thank you so much

• Made4Love

This is a very deep question, but very important. I'm glad you asked!
    Love is, in short, willing the good of another. Love is putting the needs and desires of another person before the needs and desires of yourself. That is the definition of love. Love is selfless.
    When you love someone, you want to do what is best for them. You want to give up everything for that person. You want them to go to Heaven. You want them to make wise decisions. You want to always protect and care for that person.
    But a distinction must be made - love is not a feeling. Love is an act. Love is something you choose to do. Love is not based on how someone makes you feel or what they look like. You love when it's easy, and you love through the battles.
    Now, it seems that you were asking about the kind of love between a man and a woman. But I would like to clarify that all of what I am saying applies also to family love and friendship love, too. It's just expressed in different ways.
    I hope this helped answer your question, although there's so much more to love than I could ever explain.

• ollieollie

oof. that's kinda bleak, don't you think?

• Catlover

Sin in the world. There's your answer.