Fd22aa4d 2798 48c8 87d1 e21418fff502

Corner Writing Club

"Feedback is the breakfast of champions."
-Frank A. Clark

Corner Writing Club is the perfect place for anyone looking for feedback and a chance to contribute to a writing society. Join by following our profile and filling out the form under the piece entitled "Rules and Form" (the second piece under our Published Work). This club is hosted by RainAndSonder and Paperbird; we publish updates every few days.
Some features this club offers are:
- games/challenges
- prompts
- contests
- featured pieces/writers
- and more!
We operate on a system of monthly reviewing partners. Members of our club are paired with new users every month to write a review of that person's work for every week of that time period.
Please ONLY follow Corner Writing Club if you would like to join this system.

NEW PROMPT! "I wish I felt this way"

10
Yes, another writing prompt! I know we're doing a lot of stuff, what with the contest and other prompts and whatnot, but I got inspiration for this and I just had to make a prompt out of it.

You know when you see one of those "relatable" posts or memes, but you honestly can't relate to it at all, but you sort of wish you did so you could understand what they were talking about? Or when you have a shared experience with other people and they're all talking about how scared/emotional/angry/sad they were about it, but you just didn't feel that way at all? Think back to a time, any time at all, when everyone else felt a certain way, whether it was about an event, a relatable thing, a fandom thing, or something else altogether, but you didn't, and you wanted to feel that way too. It's in our instincts to want to fit in, to want to be able to make connections with other people, and maybe that's why we want to feel the same way everyone else does on a subject.

One tip that often comes up in writing advice is that good characters should have emotions, should feel just like regular people do. But one thing I haven't seen very often is making a character want to feel something.

And that's exactly what this prompt is about. Write a short story (or prose, poem, or whatever else you like to write) about a character who wishes they felt a certain way. You can make it short, long, dramatic, fun, whatever. Maybe they wish they felt sorry for something they did, or maybe they wish they were in love with someone who loves them, or maybe they simply wish they felt the same way as everyone else on something. No word count this time. Put #WishIFelt in the title, and we'll do our best to read, like, and comment on it! Happy writing!

• Luna Lemon

Just published my piece The Unknown. Feel free to check it out. Thanks so much for creating this prompt, it was a really creative prompt and I loved writing it!:)

• omicron7889

I published something for this! :)

• Luna Lemon

I'll do this sometime this week! So excited, thanks for making this:)

• INVISIBL3

I finished the review a couple days ago; sorry for not getting back to you guys :)

• Araw

Finished this thing. This prompt was a lot of fun.

• Onion3102

All done... Was a super prompt to work with

• Lauren Nelson

This prompt really gave me something to grapple with.

• Surly Wombat

I probably won't do this one since I already had a list of things I needed to write.

• janice

Okay, so I'm on my mom's computer again. It looks like I can be on here for a while, but I'm not sure.

• janice

Hey, just so you know, I don't know when I'll be active again. My computer broke, and I'm using my mom's right now. I'll have to see what I can do

• rosemarywisdom

I AM SO DOING