Victoria Penning

b-day is Jan 1st
17
11 siblings
airsofter
writer
baker
coffee drinker
fangirl of Keeper of the Lost Cities
a goof
town & country girl
Author of Evidence for Angels
Jesus loves you, and I do too.

My parents did warn me that it would be really hard work, and that maybe I wasn't ready for that kind of thing. I stuck it out though, an this it what I learned:

An Experience

4
  Well, I guess I learned something. My parents warned me, and what did I say?  ‘I want the experience!’ And the experience is what I got.
   I found a farm that allows people to come and work for a certain amount of time, and in exchange, I could get a free calf. I knew I could do it. I was sure that I had the determination to plug through anything they threw at me. I wanted this calf. I needed something to do. Something to work on, study about, and care for. This calf was the answer that I found. It took me a while, but I scheduled a day to go work. Monday loomed before me as time passed and the day arrived. I got up early and, with nervous butterflies beginning to wake in my stomach, we headed out. My goodness, I wish I had listened to my parents and just bought a calf for $15, but no. My thick, stubborn head refuse to back out of the work I had said I would do. It was hard, exhausting labor. I learned one new thing out of the whole day, but in the end, I got my calf. Two actually. I know I should’ve listened to my parents wisdom, but I guess by going through that, I learned to first ask for advisement from people who are much older, and who have much more wisdom than I. 

My muscles still hurt. The end achievement was completely worth it though. 

• September 14, 2018 - 10:23am (Now Viewing)

• Victoria Penning

Haha! I guess that is mostly true. ;P Anyways. Thanks for commenting ! :)

• Riley Noel

That's awesome! I am so glad that you got the calf's in the end, although I have to agree that hard work makes the reward so much sweeter!

• Victoria Penning

Yup! XD
    Eh, debatable. Depends on what you're doing I guess. XD
    Thanks! It was actually a composition that I had to write for grammar. :D

• AbigailSauble

Only $15?????
    Hard work feels better, though. ;) Jus' sayin!
    I like how you wrote this! :)