Fd22aa4d 2798 48c8 87d1 e21418fff502

Corner Writing Club

"I can shake off everything as I write; my sorrows disappear, my courage is reborn."
-Anne Frank

Corner Writing Club is the perfect place for anyone looking for feedback and a chance to contribute to a writing society. Join simply by following our profile, and filling out the form in the piece titled Rules and Form, and join a chain of writers who give and receive feedback. This club is hosted by RainAndSonder and Paperbird and supported by all of you! We publish updates every few days.
Some features this club offers are:
- weekly reviewing assignments
- games/challenges
- prompts
- contests
- featured pieces/writers
- and more!

FIRST CONTEST! Flash fiction - #cwcfirstcontest

15
This club has done three prompts so far and all have received a lot of attention, so I figured it's time we started our first contest!
This is intended to be a flash fiction contest with a predetermined word count (listed below).  We would prefer paragraphs over poems.  The piece should tell a story and include a basic plot.  Start your piece with one of these sentences (the beginnings are part of your word count):
"It was, historically, the day everyone died." (7 words)
"We somehow performed a miracle and made everything go downhill synonymously." (11 words)
"In second grade we learned what humans were/are." (8 words)
The winner and runner-up will be featured in a later piece, along with links to everyone's lovely work.

NUMBER OF WORDS:
70-90

DEADLINE:
September 20
(also, RainAndSonder's birthday is 9/18, be sure to bombard them with comments!)

PRIZE:
Winner: 4 detailed peer reviews on the pieces of your choice + piece-long shoutout from either Paperbird or RainAndSonder
Runner-up: 2 detailed peer reviews on the pieces of your choice

TIPS:
-Avoid filler words!
-Utilize metaphor!
-Only use the best adjectives possible!
-Show the world how awesome you are!

AND DON'T FORGET!  Title your piece with #cwcfirstcontest.  Any entry submitted will be liked by us.
If you have any questions (or if I forgot anything), put them in the comment section below.
Happy writing!

CWC is an inclusive user-based club that you can learn more about here.

• ollieollie

Good first lines! All would make several interesting stories. I hope I did it justice

• nevaredhp

done :)

• Catlover

I'm in, if I have time!

• nezi_nes

Doneeeee!

• Johanna

So late but I'M IN!

• rosemarywisdom

I HAVE POSTED MINE!!!! XD

• lianhabanana!

doing this!!!!!

• *~. Audrey .~*

where is the Rules and Forms?

• Kahasai

Just posted my story.

• ~Kate

Just posted my entry!

• kaydenblue

Ahhh!! All the prompts look so inviting, I'm going to have to roll a dice to decide which one to pick.

• ~Kate

Yesss. I usually overwrite flash fiction- but that's the challenge! Thanks for posting this- definitely gonna do it.

• xen

i am definitely doing this. PS: i think you should include the time zones in your due dates, as some of us (or maybe just me) live elsewhere so i believe that Sep 20 for you may be Sep 21 for me. just a suggestion :)

• SomeFormOfWriting

• muppet

this is super cool, unfortunately i can't do it because i'm an overwriter, and just can't do flash pieces. but i hope the next one's got an open wc, and i appreciate all you two are doing! xx

Oof just published mine. It's terrible but I needed to get it out;;

• JediKnightGirl

I will definitely try to do this! This is great idea and I'm so happy you guys are getting attention!

• Surly Wombat

Im going to do all of them and only enter one in the contest

• Surly Wombat

OHNO I want to do all of them

• stripedfly1001

Yay first contest of the club!!

• R.j.Elsewhere

SOOO DOING THIS!

• elisa

def in!

• rosemarywisdom

I AM SO DOING THIS OMG