lilei

Legally Blonde 2.0

In Legally Blonde directed by Robert Luketic, a seemingly not too bright college student, Elle Woods (Reese Witherspoon), in a sorority is about to graduate. Because her boyfriend, Warner (Matthew Davis), is about to enter Harvard Law and does not see a future with her, he dumps Elle. She applies to Harvard Law, and to everyone’s surprise she gets accepted. On her first day, she finds out that her ex-boyfriend, Warner, is engaged to a stuck-up girl, Vivian Kensington (Selma Blair), also starting Harvard Law whom he met over the summer. She also makes a striking first impression with everyone as she moves into her dorm room with her Chihuahua, Bruiser, dressed in pink frilly outfits and loads of boxes with movers to help her unpack. The story continues as Elle amazes everyone as she adapts and thrives in school while adding her personal gaudy but fun flare. Elle Woods, a dynamic character, transforms from a highly confident but perceived to be dumb blonde who is oblivious to reality to an extraordinary lawyer who achieves her main goal, which is winning back her ex-boyfriend. She ends up turns him down because she realizes that she is too good for him, and says “But if I’m going to be a partner in a law firm by the time I’m 30, I need a boyfriend who’s not a such a complete bonehead.” This movie is a romantic comedy with an empowering, unique twist that is hilarious. This is the ultimate chick flick that most guys would also love. Her parents believed that she did not need to go to law school because “[it] is for people who are boring and ugly and serious,” but Elle still set her mind to it. This shows how determination and dedication helps to achieve goals. One of the reasons why girls would be glued to their seats is because it is so relatable especially when she mopes around drowning in her tears and candy wrappers after Warner broke up with her. When she has enough courage to go outside, she decides to get a manicure, which is, where she meets Paulette (Jennifer Coolidge), and starts ranting to her about all of her major crises. The way Elle moves on with her life after the break up can motivate people to get back on their feet. Elle’s whimsical personality adds a comedic touch, which makes it a great movie to see.