Thornexcress

KizzyCat

I am a young writer in high school who writes for the fun of it. The things I love to read/write are fantasy, sci-fi stores, and cute, fluffy romance stuff. Plus a twinge of angst here and there.

I am still a rookie when it comes to spelling and punctuation. However I am trying my best at all of these, so go easy on me!

A Fallen City

PROMPT: Setting as Mood

0
    Michael turned his head away from the group. Around him were the remains of a great city that had once stood tall and proud. Now mighty buildings had fallen, and underground roadways had caved in. The stench of hundreds, maybe even thousands of rotting corpses overwelmed the area, a smell that couldn't be described in any known words. A single US flag could be heard flapping in the breeze somewhere in the distance. Something that used to mean so much to a country, was now as special as a piece of toilet paper. Crows cawed in the near distance, getting closer and closer with their song of death, taunting those who could no longer get up. A black feather slowly drifted down towards the group. Michael caught it and spun back to his so called friends, ready to give them the rant of their life time.