Blue

Movie Review: Star Wars; The Force Awakens (Edited).

It’s finally back. Arguably the greatest movie franchise of all time, Star Wars returns with its grandest blockbuster ever: The Force Awakens. Having been shrouded in mystery for years, the film is finally in theatres. The spectacular film has made over 247.97 million in its opening weekend.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens(2015)
Cast: Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Mark Hamill, Oscar Isaac.
Director: J.J. Abrams.

Synopsis: Thirty years after the events of Return Of The Jedi, ex-Stormtrooper and former First Order (the surviving remnants of the Empire) member FN-2187 (or Finn, as we come to know him) assists captured ace X-Wing Pilot Poe Dameron escape from the First Order’s base in a stolen TIE Fighter. This is done with the intention of flying to the planet Jakku in order to find Poe’s one of a kind droid, BB-8. This unique droid happens to have the map to the whereabouts of the last Jedi: the legendary Luke Skywalker. After being shot down and crash landing on the planet, Finn finds himself alone and without anything left but Poe’s jacket. Finn makes his way to a city and encounters an orphan named Rey and the missing droid BB-8. The First Order arrives on Jakku to capture BB-8. After stealing the Millennium Falcon and encountering Han Solo, Chewbacca, and Princess Leia, they embark on an epic adventure to stop the First Order and the evil Force-user Kylo Ren from taking over the galaxy and destroying the Resistance.

Review: Many were skeptical when they found out that the new Star Wars movie would not be directed by George Lucas like the last 6 movies had. There many new characters in this movie and a few returning ones as well. The well-developed plot of this amazing movie payed a lot of homage to the original. Abrams has astounded many Star Wars fans by creating what is not just one of the best movies in the Star Wars series, but one the best movies of all time. It’s intricate use of subtle details and its mix of great character development and heart-pounding action left many (including me) who saw it are overwhelmed. The movie’s heart pounding scenes are something to behold. I won’t spoil too much, but the intense final fight between Finn, Kylo Ren, and Rey left me speechless. The one critique made by some was that one of Star Wars’ most iconic characters, Luke Skywalker, had no lines in the entirety of the movie. Despite this, many people have called it one of the best movies of all time and said that they can’t wait for the next movie to be released.
Final Rating: (4.5/5). I gave the movie a 4.5 out of 5 because the lack of dialog for Luke Skywalker. Other than that, the movie was perfect.