Corner Writing Club

"Feedback is the breakfast of champions."
-Frank A. Clark

Corner Writing Club is the perfect place for anyone looking for feedback and a chance to contribute to a writing society. Join by following our profile and filling out the form under the piece entitled "Rules and Form" (the second piece under our Published Work). This club is hosted by RainAndSonder and Paperbird; we publish updates every few days.
Some features this club offers are:
- games/challenges
- prompts
- contests
- featured pieces/writers
- and more!
We operate on a system of monthly reviewing partners. Members of our club are paired with new users every month to write a review of that person's work for every week of that time period.
Please ONLY follow Corner Writing Club if you would like to join this system.

#songtitlepoem prompt -- Overview + Best of

6
Firstly, we were amazed when our song title prompt got eleven likes and fourteen total entries!  We thank you endlessly for your constant support.

Most of the pieces for this prompt had at least three likes, and of course the first "best of" mention we should give is omicron7889's Smooth Criminal, which had the most of all---eight likes in total.  A very clever take on the Michael Jackson song and a pleasure to read.  You should definitely check it out.

Next we should mention elisa's white tiger, which was not only a completely different take on the title of the song, but also incredibly beautiful and personal, another must-read from a really talented writer.

Lastly, R.j.Elsewhere's Put Your Head On My Shoulder made for an interesting and meaningful read, not only describing a romantic experience but speculating about it as well.  Again, you should really check these things out!

I should also mention everyone else to contributed to the prompt.  I was impressed by each and every one of the responses and picked only a few of the most amazing ones to showcase, but you should definitely also check out these people's.  The list is from first to most recent:

Kahasai
stripedfly1001
RavensInkWrites
Onion3102
muppet
Anha
kaydenblue
Your Local Flynn
SomeFormOfWriting
Quille

This was actually my first time putting links to pieces in a published work, and while I attempted to make links to everyone's work in their self-explanatory spot, I'm not sure it worked.  I write this before seeing the published version of this work, so that you know that I at least tried to make everyone's work accessible and to spare myself some embarrassment if it doesn't work.  I do hope it worked... 

• rosemarywisdom

Are you going to do an Overview + Best Of for the #LifeLemonsPrompt?

• Johanna

I'm late!!! I'm still working on the piece :(

Good job everybody!

• omicron7889

Thanks for mentioning me! It's really appreciated :D

• janice

Hey, if anyone needs help with posting links, drop me a comment :) Also, congrats to those who got a mention!

• R.j.Elsewhere

Thank you so much! I really had a lot of fun with this prompt, and I completely agree with your choices. So many good pieces came out of this prompt, and you nailed all of them!

Yes! Everyone should absolutely check out R.j's take of this prompt - it's actually crazy good and I have no idea how they write this good.

• ethereal.otherworldly

thanks! <3

• rosemarywisdom

I'm still working on mine... :(

• Corner Writing Club

Hey, it worked!