Fd22aa4d 2798 48c8 87d1 e21418fff502

Corner Writing Club

"Feedback is the breakfast of champions."
-Frank A. Clark

Corner Writing Club is the perfect place for anyone looking for feedback and a chance to contribute to a writing society. Join by following our profile and filling out the form under the piece entitled "Rules and Form" (the second piece under our Published Work). This club is hosted by RainAndSonder and Paperbird; we publish updates every few days.
Some features this club offers are:
- games/challenges
- prompts
- contests
- featured pieces/writers
- and more!
We operate on a system of monthly reviewing partners. Members of our club are paired with new users every month to write a review of that person's work for every week of that time period.
Please ONLY follow Corner Writing Club if you would like to join this system.

Reviewing Assignments- Week One

7
(For those that don't know what this is, Corner Writing Club is a new user-hosted club that helps writers receive more feedback on their work and you can learn more about it here.)

Hello, everyone! First week of reviewing assignments! Let's see how it goes.

Before we begin, you may be wondering, what are reviewing assignments? How do these work? It's simple! Each week, we assign each member a piece of another member to review. The pieces are selected based off what you told us in the form and what we've asked you. Keep in mind that we try to listen to everyone, but there are a lot of members and you may not have gotten a piece that's from your favorite genre.

So what do you do? Simple! You find your name in the list below, and then search up the piece that you're going to review in the searchbar. We'll give you a week to write the best review you can of it, and when you finish, simply comment down below "Done!" If the week isn't finished and you want another piece to review, just comment "Done! Could I get another piece?" or something like that.

We'll also be writing some pieces on how to write good reviews and critiques, so keep an eye out for those. Here are the assignments:

Anha- #rswisdomcontest by nevaredhp
Nevaredhp- Coffee Shop Senses by Anha
Rosemarywisdom- Wraiths of the Moon Chapter 1 by Kahasai
Kahasai- Untitled by Rosemarywisdom (long piece)
She's-got-a-story- #elisahasacontest by Johanna
Johanna- relief mmxxi by She's-got-a-story
I.C The Light- PLEASE HELP by R. J. Elsewhere
R.J. Elsewhere- The Voicemail: Chapter One by RainAndSonder
Catlover- Deceit by zodiethegreat
Zodiethegreat- True Love by Catlover
Lauren Nelson- Stars by Stripedfly1001
Stripedfly1001- Define Poetry by Lauren Nelson
JediKnightGirl- Ophelia by RavenInksWrites
RavenInksWrites- Love is Cruel by JediKnightGirl
Ellie O'Grady- the taste of rejection by Muppet
Muppet- Marathon Training by Ellie O-Grady
Kate- On the Other Side of the Stained Glass by Valentina
Valentina- Empty by Kate
Quille- Untitled yet by _TJRN@chesire_
_TJRN@chesire_- Weather by Quille
Surly Wombat- Faith in Humanity by Elisa
Elisa- Powdered Glass by Surly Wombat
Omicron7889- Impermanence by Made4Love
Made4Love- #startingsentencecontest by Omicron7889
Kahte- Halloween Flame by Katherine McCarthy
Katherine McCarthy- The Glass Wall by Kahte
Araw- Split Ends by annie_cheng
Annie_cheng- The Mask Maker by Araw
Nezi_nes- Damage by INVISBL3
INVISIBL3- Take a Snapshot Now Pt. 1 by nezi_nes
SomeFormOfWriting- Untitled by iamsofieemerson
iamsofieemerson- One Last Time: Prologue by SomeFormOfWriting
Onion3102- Late by Ollieollie
Ollieollie- the oxford comma by Onion3102
Paperbird- Forest by kaydenblue
Kaydenblue- if only you by Paperbird
RainAndSonder- Misfortunes of Being a Person in a Messed Up World (Part One) by IC The Light
Yes, we included ourselves, because we are also members of this club and we also like to review and get our work reviewed.

What if I can't find the time this week?
Just let us know! Life happens and people are busy, and we get that. If you're taking a break from WtW, going on vacation, or if things are just really busy or hectic for you, let us know and we'll review your assignment for you for that week. 

What if I need more time?
That's perfectly fine! Just let us know, and we'll give you another week.

Let's say that you really can't review the piece we assigned you, whether it just doesn't click with you, or because of your beliefs, or because you don't understand it or it makes you uncomfortable--- whatever the reason, just comment down below and we'll find you a different piece to review!

What happens if I don't review it?
It depends. If you don't review it but you let us know why, that's fine. If you don't review it and you don't let us know why, then there's a problem. We'll be checking in on you the day before the deadline, just as a reminder. If you haven't been active at all that week, we'll give you another week to review it. If you miss that week, too, without letting us know why, your pieces will get pulled out of the mix for the reviewing assignments. If you miss, like, a whole month or two and haven't been active at all during that time, we may have to assume that you're inactive and pull you from the club. If you're going on vacation or taking a break or whatever, just let us know ahead of time, and how long you think you'll be gone! It's easy and it clears up a lot of confusion.

If you have any more questions, leave them down in the comments and we'll answer them as soon as possible!

• rosemarywisdom

It came through! I can do another one if you want :)

• ethereal.otherworldly

just the two pieces i listed in the earlier post are ones that i'd really like to be reviewed.

• Corner Writing Club

*reviewing assignments

• Corner Writing Club

You can always review other people's pieces, even if it appears under someone else's name on the list---after all, a piece can always be reviewed multiple times, and the more the merrier.
    If you have some writing that you'd really like to be reviewed, be sure to let us know. We will definitely include your piece in the next writing assignments!

• SomeFormOfWriting

Done! I'll take another piece if it'll help someone.

• ethereal.otherworldly

done! could i get another piece?

• Onion3102

All done!

• Ellie!

Done! I've got a lot of work to do but I might be able to do another piece later in the week.

• janice

Done! Could I get another piece?