ethereal.otherworldly

soft n sapphic

dreaming of goddesses, sunflowers and italian sunshine.

proud of this ! for my abi, the love of my life.

white tiger #songtitlepoem

9
    i. oh, darling, let's be adventurers.

ii. she says it like she wants to touch the sky. she wants to get into the car and drive. 

iii. clothes in the backseat, backpack strewn on the floor. sparklers in a plastic box and sunglasses with lipstick stains perched on the hood of a car we can't afford. she says we'll only be young once, and i believe her. dance in the sun, dance in the moon. tribal beating in her soul and wanderlust coloring my lips.

iv. so drive like you'll never go back. laughter written in the stars and the ocean foam. black girls and brown girls only get to be free in the wild, so the wild is where we go. she takes out her braids and i swear i hate every person who's ever told her she isn't beautiful, because goddamn it, she is an african goddess.

v. park the van atop a cliff, back doors open so when we wake up the sunrise will color us pink and gold. here we are untouchable and the smell of the sea will linger on her lips forever. we swear we'll never die. lovers with flowers in their body live until the earth decides it is their turn. 

vi. i'd give her my body, my soul. but she doesn't want it. all she wants is a promise that i will travel the world with her, and my skin is the shade of rose quartz when i accept.

vii. we've always been adventurers.
based on white tiger by izzy bizu

• Johanna

You are such a great writer!

• Johanna

I like how you divided them into different parts! This is so beautiful.

• janice

You be with whoever you want to be with, girl. They gotta deal with it

• Corner Writing Club

This is beautiful. Love what you did with it.

• ethereal.otherworldly

thank you !! that's so sweet <3

• R.j.Elsewhere

I love this, hats off to you

• muppet

you're truly an amazing poet

• Lauren Nelson

I love how soft your poems always are :')