Kahasai

I'm 17
I like to dream

Homeschooled
Maybe a fool

Trampolinist
and classical guitarist

Archer
Let us barter

Mountain girl
I like burl

River otter
Viking daughter

Wolfdog owner
Forest roamer

I'm no fighter
But I am a writer

I'm not sure if this is a prose poem, but I enjoyed doing it. The song is Come Alive from the Greatest Showman. This is a scene I've been playing around with to that song for a long time. I had a lot of fun writing it down how I did.

Come Alive #songtitlepoem

5
She was dry like summer dust. She drifted in the background, a gray stain on the wall. She avoided eye contact, but he would catch her watching, and for brief moments, she lit up in purple. Then she'd once again be a gray stain on the wall. Purple. She had something in her, something blue and calculating. Purple. Something red; broken and firey. Purple. She had life in her, waiting to be spilled. 

He watched her closely. She moved deliberately. The gray--how true was it? Was it just a shell? Or was she truly bleached of color? 

What would happen if he leach into her? What would happen if his friendship would seep into her bones, water away the gray, wearing it down into clay? Would her purple fill what was left? Or would she be faded, too far gone to be helped. 

He tried. His trust wormed into her mind, into her heart. The gray dripped away like melting ice until he finally glimpsed the vibrant, changing colors of her soul. Purple threaded her scars, held it together, but she was also a glowing ember of warmth. She was becoming orange. She was coming alive.
Credit for the prompt goes to the Corner Writing Club. Check them out!

• Kahasai

Thank you!

Well, I did take strong inspiration from the lyrics of the song, too, the entire theme being waking up and living your life as you see fit.

• Corner Writing Club

Generic song title and you turned it into something extraordinary. Love it!