Kahasai

I'm 17
I like to dream

Homeschooled
Maybe a fool

Trampolinist
and classical guitarist

Archer
Let us barter

Mountain girl
I like burl

River otter
Viking daughter

Wolfdog owner
Forest roamer

I'm no fighter
But I am a writer

Disclaimer: The usernames are real, but beyond that, this is purely a work of fiction and is to be read as such.

I'm republishing this in honor of being a featured writer. I meant to do this a while ago, but kept forgetting.

#Nefariousplancontest

7
    I shuddered and hugged my knees tighter, attempting to stay warm, and attempting to meet your gaze through the jail bars, but you found something very interesting on the wall beside my head.
    "You promise you'll tell someone?" I rasped. "You'll get the story out?"
    Your response was hesitant. "Yeah ... sure ..."
    An awkward silence ensued that made me wish I could do something to make you believe me. But what could I say that I hadn't already said? You had the proof: Glytch Montoya's sudden disappearance, Calliope's absence, and KR's silence. No one of today would remember the kind Maggie Mills and the sweet Kaitlyn ❄. There were so many others: mysterious_writer13, *~. Audrey .~*, Bellbell0307, Aussie23, DragonMasterFox, MyShotPotter ... so many people.
    And yet you still didn't believe me.
    I leaned close to the bars, forcing you to meet my gaze. "Listen," I hissed, "There's a traitor among the Write the World employees! Someone is out to get us. You have to believe me!"
    You eyed me and I realized how I must have looked: dark hair in a frazzled mess, clothes stained and wrinkled and dirty, pale skin creased with dust ... I probably stank, too.
    "Kahasai," you said, slowly, as if you didn't want to scare me. "I think you need to calm down."
    I clutched the bars, its rusted metal digging into my skin. "No, listen! I am not crazy! They're going to take me! Why do you think they trapped me here? SomeFormofWriting knew--"
    "She left because she was tired of being censored," you interrupted, still agonizingly patient. "She--"
    "See? She knew! Christy Wisdom knows, too! Get the word out, please!" I searched your face, hoping, praying I'd see some sort of understanding. All I saw was the sort of sympathetic wariness one held for the homeless man who thought he was talking to someone, but who was in fact talking to himself.
    I released the bars and shrunk back into the wall. "Please," I whispered. "Just ... tell someone."
    You shook your head and stood. "You need to calm down," you said.
    I shuddered again, and couldn't stop. "No, I'm fine! The traitor is after me! I'm next!"
    You sighed, as if indulging a young child. "Alright. Who's the traitor?"
    I opened my mouth to speak when I saw the person standing in the shadows, just behind you: the Manager. The one who took down the pieces on Write the World. I couldn't see their face, I didn't know their name, but only the Manager held the keys to my jail.
    "I can't say," I said, and you nodded, as if expecting the answer. In that moment, I despised you; the feeling twisted in my chest and pulled my face into a glower.
    When you turned to leave, I made no sound. I did not protest. How could I, locked in this jail, with the Manager watching, and knowing you would never believe me?
    I curled into a ball, thinking about the next featured writer. Thinking of their fate. I sat and thought about the eventual fate of all Write the Worldians. I watched the Manager and, in the end, could only think of my own end.

Disclaimer: I know that the Write the World employees (and the managers) have no such plot going on. This is a work of fiction and is to be read as such.

• Christy Wisdom

I just posted my 2nd part of my pro-life abortion essay.

• Christy Wisdom

Hi Kahasai! I don't know if you're interested, but I've started on my pro-life essay and published the first piece of it.

• Kahasai

Thank you!! :)

Wow! This is awesome... Love the intense feel throughout the piece!

• Kahasai

Totally forgot: host of the contest is Surly Wombat. Link to contest:

• Kahasai

You have been resurrected ... ;) ... Thank you. I'm glad you enjoy my stories. :)

• Bellbell0307

IM NOT DED!! Great piece by the way. I missed reading your stories.

• Kahasai

Haha, thank you. I appreciate that.

• CreativeAngel

Oh my god I love this! I need to read more of your pieces! <<33