Corner Writing Club

"Feedback is the breakfast of champions."
-Frank A. Clark

Corner Writing Club is the perfect place for anyone looking for feedback and a chance to contribute to a writing society. Join by following our profile and filling out the form under the piece entitled "Rules and Form" (the second piece under our Published Work). This club is hosted by RainAndSonder and Paperbird; we publish updates every few days.
Some features this club offers are:
- games/challenges
- prompts
- contests
- featured pieces/writers
- and more!
We operate on a system of monthly reviewing partners. Members of our club are paired with new users every month to write a review of that person's work for every week of that time period.
Please ONLY follow Corner Writing Club if you would like to join this system.

First Week of the Club!- Newsletter

10
(For those that don't know what this is, Corner Writing Club is a brand-new user-hosted club that helps writers receive more feedback on their writing. You can learn more about it here.)

Hello, everyone! This was an idea suggested by Stripedfly1001, so thanks to them for giving us that! Anyway, what this is is a sort of newsletter that looks back on the week. So let's get into it.

Honestly, Paperbird and I were surprised by how many people joined in just the first day! As of right now, we have thirty-five members, not counting ourselves, of course. The club is off to a fantastic start, and I'm really looking forward to what will be coming next.

What Happened This Week

First of all, on Wednesday, we announced our club for the very first time, and immediately received tons of support! Later that day, we published the Rules and Form, and gained even more members (if you have not read the rules and filled out the form, please follow the link and do so now). Most of you I knew or had seen on here before, some of you I hadn't. All of you seemed just as excited as we were for the club.

On Thursday, we published How it Works, explaining some of the ins and outs of what exactly we'll be doing in this club and how. Again, if you haven't read that, please do--- it has some important information in it! Also on Thursday, we published First Game of the Club! Which went fantastically. I expected maybe five members to participate, but almost everyone did, and every contribution made the story better and better. I highly recommend checking it out, to see what people have added to it and add some more to it yourself (yes, you are allowed to add to it multiple times)! 

On Friday, we published our first writing prompt! It received an incredible amount of contributions, even from people outside the club. The prompt was to finish the sentence: "When life gives you lemons, ____." Everyone's pieces were brilliant and creative, and you can find all of them by searching up #LifeLemons in the search bar up there, or go to links in the footnotes. I highly recommend doing this; after all, we are a club.

Just yesterday, Saturday, we published A Few Important Things, which had some quick questions for members and announcements. If you haven't already, please go read that, because, as the title suggests, it is important. 

And now we're here at today, Sunday! Nothing much has really happened today, except for me publishing our first newsletter. To sum it all up, the club got off to a great start, and we're excited for the next steps. This was kind of a setting up week, working out all the details and whatnot, so not a lot happened, but I can assure you that a lot will be going on in the next couple of weeks!

What to Expect Next

Since a lot of you enjoyed the game, we'll definitely be doing more of those, and we'll definitely have more prompts up. We may also do our first competition next week!

Oh, and of course we can't forget the reviewing assignments. I've already gotten the assignments written up and ready to post, but of course they can be changed around. More on that tomorrow!

Announcements

Not really any right now. So that's all for this week! 
Members (as of right now): https://writetheworld.com/profiles/31190/follower

I was originally going to provide a link to every single member, but I got really tired of that. And also some of you have really weird, number-y usernames. WHY.

#LifeLemon Responses: https://writetheworld.com/searches?utf8=%E2%9C%93&klass=versions&q=%23LifeLemons&commit=Search  

Again, I was too tired to provide a link to every single one, but you can find all of them there. Leave any questions or thoughts in the comments!

• September 9, 2018 - 11:30am (Now Viewing)

• lianhabanana!

Yes, I totally agree with omicron7889

• omicron7889

You guys are both so amazing, running this club so well and keeping us updated. I'm excited to see what you come up with next! :)

This is such an awesome club! If anybody wants to review some of my pieces, that would be nice... I guess I might have to write more though :) By the way, LOVED the add-on story game :)

• nevaredhp

Super excited! Hopefully I don't have too much chem work this week so I can write <3

• Corner Writing Club

@Kahasai Yeah, we do, lol.

• Lauren Nelson

Thanks for the update! Great work RainAndSonder and Paperbird.

• Kahasai

I'm exciiiited. So far so good. I'm so happy that this is working as well as it is. Question: do you and Paperbird (or you and RainAndSonder, if Paperbird wants to respond) know each other from outside the screen?

• janice

Wow, thanks so much for the credit and following up on my idea!!! P.S. you can just refer to me as a "she." This turned out so much better than I was anticipating, too :) :) :)