nezi_nes

Hong Kong

~on an indeterminate hiatus~

This was honestly so fun to write I was smiling idiotically to myself half of the time I swear. I should probably write more sarcasticy/humoury pieces.

#LifeLemonsPrompt

5
When life gives you lemons, make...lemon water!
Lemons have pretty amazing powers. Come to think of it, they’re like nature’s equivalent of free healthcare. Squeeze some into your glass of water and suddenly you feel refreshed like a jolly curtain billowing near an open window. If you’re not satisfied with that, how about this totally backed up fact (1): it raises your self-confidence. Don’t believe me? It might sound a bit rough to the ears, but a lot of people struggle with bad breath. This isn’t life-threatening, but when you’re, say, about to kiss full on the lips the person you’re sure is the love of your life, it helps that your breath doesn’t smell...well, like rotten eggs. Let’s dive into another scenario that has probably happened to you. You’re in your professional attire, going to work as usual. You hop on the subway (also known as mass sardine transportation) and squeeze yourself in amid the rush of people. Luckily, stars aligned and you land yourself a precious corner standing spot. Little do you know about the disaster that awaits. The doors shut with a final “ding” after several failed attempts at fitting the sheer number of people in its metal vessel. The subway jolts, and off you go. But you suddenly notice something off- rather, something literally off. Then it’s gone. Nope, you take that back. It’s here again, and stronger than before. You realise that you know what it is, and you shudder. It’s stinky. fish. breath. Coming from the person breathing right down your neck. What do you do? Well, you offer them the lemon juice water you’ve freshly prepared before you left the house, and off you go, enjoying those few minutes in peace and clean metro air.
Lemons also come with loads of antioxidants. And that’s good news for you, because that means you, in the chance that you do consume lemon on a regular basis, have a lower risk of developing heart disease and stroke(2), which means, in the long run, that you get to die later in life. If that doesn’t convince you to eat lemons then I don’t know what will. Actually, I do. My last resort to convince you to start eating lemons and lemon-related items is by mentioning the deliciousness of lemon meringue tarts. They are heavenly.
(1): Nes, Nezi. “Lemons are the best thing eva and you should think so too”. The Society of Advocacy of Lemons to be Used in Daily Life for Ever and Ever. 8 Sep 2018. Print.
(2): Okay I actually searched this up because I was having way too much fun doing this. Please read this link, it’s very interesting. Ware, Megan. “How can antioxidants benefit our health?” Medical News Today. 29 May 2018. <https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/301506.php>

• September 8, 2018 - 10:09am (Now Viewing)

• nezi_nes

Ahha thank you so much Tziporah!! Glad it made someone laugh. It's a rare moment of sunshine indeed.

This was insanely hilarious! You made me laugh sooo hard! "which means, in the long run, that you get to die later in life. If that doesn’t convince you to eat lemons then I don’t know what will." XD I can't stop laughing

• aggressivebackflip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ma400hkLqU

• Corner Writing Club

Hey! Since the week is drawing to a close, I just want to reminder you of reviewing assignments! Remember that when you're done, you must comment on the assignment piece so we know; I don't believe you've done that yet, although I could be misremembering. Anyway, just a friendly reminder!

• Corner Writing Club

Reviewing assignments are now up! Please read them so you know which piece to review!

• Corner Writing Club

Our first newsletter plus a new prompt are now up!

• nezi_nes

@CornerWritingClub @CreativeAngel @omicron thank you for all the feedback, I appreciate it (didn't know how this would be received haha)

• omicron7889

'mass sardine transport' you awesome lemon nerd I'll eat a slice for you today howbout that because this is yet again, fantastically written

• Corner Writing Club

Just want to let you know we have a new post up!

• CreativeAngel

I love lemons too! Finally a person who understand me!

• Corner Writing Club

Omg this is perfect. I definitely was not expecting this but I love it! Not only is it humorous and creative, but also educational! I didn't know about the antioxidants thing.