Corner Writing Club

"Feedback is the breakfast of champions."
-Frank A. Clark

Corner Writing Club is the perfect place for anyone looking for feedback and a chance to contribute to a writing society. Join by following our profile and filling out the form under the piece entitled "Rules and Form" (the second piece under our Published Work). This club is hosted by RainAndSonder and Paperbird; we publish updates every few days.
Some features this club offers are:
- games/challenges
- prompts
- contests
- featured pieces/writers
- and more!
We operate on a system of monthly reviewing partners. Members of our club are paired with new users every month to write a review of that person's work for every week of that time period.
Please ONLY follow Corner Writing Club if you would like to join this system.

WRITING PROMPT! "When life gives you lemons..."

13
NEW PROMPT!

We have all heard the phrase, "When life gives you lemons, squeeze them into lemonade," an inspiring and slightly dull quote.  I ask you, writers, to spice up this saying!  Start your piece with the phrase "When life gives you lemons" and tell us what exactly to do with these fruits.  Include "#LifeLemonsPrompt" in the title to be read and liked by us, or leave your writing in the comments!  If we have enough contributions, we will make a compilation of them later with some of our thoughts.  
Happy writing!
If you are unaware of Corner Writing Club, we are an inclusive club that you can join by following!  We do prompts, contests, games, reviewing assignments, and more!

• lianhabanana!

i am so doing it

• R.j.Elsewhere

oops, I didn't title my piece as #LifeLemonsPrompt, instead I just titled it #whenlifehandsyoulemons .... is that still okay?

• janice

@Corner Writing Club--I know that you didn't do it intentionally, but I posted a work similar to the one you desribe a couple of weeks ago. I just gotta say, it's really cool to see ther people's perspectives on this, and I'm really glad you did it, even if it wasn't on purpose :)

• Ellie!

Lemon Cake
    https://www.writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/80159/version/151717

• SomeFormOfWriting

• nezi_nes

Mine is up and up!

• ~Kate T

Just published mine!

• ~Kate T

Oooh! I like this prompt, I'm gonna do it.

• Corner Writing Club

Thank you for the support on this prompt!
    To answer @muppet's questions, a few of our prompts will definitely have word limits/minimums. Our first contest will probably be in a few days, details on that then. Stay tuned!

• rosemarywisdom

Posted it!

• Johanna

I'M DOING IT

• muppet

also, when do you think the first contest will be? i'm so so super excitey

• muppet

gonna try and do this! and just out of curiousity, is there any way the writing contests could have an open word count? meaning you need a mininum of (whatever) but you can write as much as you want? obviously i'm not going to write a fullblown novel, but i just struggle w wordcounts immensely.

• annie_cheng

Such a fun prompt! Just published mine :)

• omicron7889

I published mine! Hope you guys like it :)

• ethereal.otherworldly

just published it!

• janice

OH GOD... a couple of weeks ago, I posted a work just like the one you describe!!!!! I'll just re-post it with the #

• Aihpos

I just posted #LifeLemonsPrompt, but I didn't write that much...

• valentina

When life gives you lemons draw a face on them. They are now your new best friends.

• Corner Writing Club

Professional Laugh Out Loud! It's true, isn't it? We try our very best to look professional, but it's more of a disguise.

• Kahasai

You keep saying "we" and it sounds so official, like there's someone big behind the curtain. But you're just two Pixar fans. ;) Keep it up.

I just published #LifeLemonsPrompt.

• Corner Writing Club

The "Request a Group" feature is down for Young Writers. User-hosted prompts & contests are not uncommon on WtW, and we thought it a creative idea.

• LackingASocialLife

Perhaps Corner Writing Club could request a group and make it an official prompt maker; I think it'd be easier for your club members

• Kahte

When life gives you lemons, imagine chucking your woes (The lemon) at the person who sold you these lemons in the first place. *Key word IMAGINE*