thonetasha98

My Grandma

0
Natasha Thone
Ms. Sahly
CWR
1-8-16​​
    As I remember, it was a Friday and it was in the middle of they day. I was at school eating my lunch at my regular table, like a regular day. My sister and brother came up to me crying, they had told me that my grandma was dying very rapidly and we had to leave the school as soon as possible in order to say our last words to her. I don't recall exactly what she had, but my mom described it as her lungs were full of liquid which was making it hard for her to breathe. I will never forget this day, it was like my life fell into a million pieces. My Grandma meant the world to me. She is one of the few people who I could talk about almost anything with. We could always talk about our religious views, what was going on in our lives at the moment, what was on our mind, anything really.
    She was a huge role model in my life and also played a huge role in my life in general. My Grandma would take each kid out to Dairy Queen for ice cream for our birthdays. I had made so many memories with my grandma that everywhere I go in town it reminds me of her. She would drive me to Sunday school and then right after would bring me to Loopy's to get candy and then drive to Schoneman's Park and just stare at the geese. We would either talk the whole time we were there or it would be just dead silence while just gazing at the nature around us. I never knew I could cry so much in my life in one day.

1