Peer Review by Suri Purefoy (United States)

The Blurry Street

By: Opal

PROMPT: Setting as Mood

Slate did not hurry through the rain, rain didn’t bother him, it was the rain that had made him decide to go for a walk (even if he was supposed to be in history class). Slate’s feet found the black footpath, his eyes roved the street. The lights of shops and offices were blurred by the downpour, puddles littered the footpath, the few bare tree’s drooped as if life was to heavy for them. Everything was reflected in the layer of water on the ground, and Slate looked down at a faint impression of himself for a moment, then looked up at the sky, a blank canvas from where the rain fell. Few other people braved coming outside, hiding under bright umbrellas, and no one noticed Slate. He imagined himself blurring into the scene, like it was a watercolour, and that pleased him because if he was in a watercolour he wouldn’t have to go home. 

Definitely the last sentence, "He imagined himself blurring into the scene, like it was a watercolour, and that pleased him because if he was in a watercolour he wouldn’t have to go home."

A sense of loneliness but I got more of an emotion of thought, and of pondering about life and himself.

I really, really like this! I like how you portrayed the scene and the character, even in just one paragraph. I really like your character choice on name(Slate)!
Overall, this is a great piece!!!