SamuelF 10cp

Interstellar, the Review

Interstellar is a sci-fi thriller. Matthew McCaughey plays the role of Cooper, the protagonist, in the film. McCaughey does a phenomenal job portraying the astronaut, Cooper, sent to go and save the world. He does a great job seeming intelligent, careless, and stubborn in the film.
Cooper changes a lot throughout the film. He starts off as a former NASA pilot that is now a farmer. He then trains for a new mission to go to a planet that is in a different galaxy. Cooper does not age much while he is on the planet. His daughter is almost a hundred years old when he returns to earth though. That is because one day on the planet from another galaxy is the equivalent to six years on earth.
            The genre of the film is sci-fi because it makes internal things physical things with actual force. That internal thing is love. Throughout the film the astronauts justify their predictions through love. The astronauts make their decisions based off of whom they love and what they love. This is because the force of love is making the decisions for them.
            The theme of the film is love. This is because the whole movie is based off of love. Every decision made in some shape or form is based around love. There is no scene in the film when a character makes a split decision and doesn’t think of how someone else will be affected by it.
            The antagonist in the film is time. This is because the fourth dimension, time, is a continuing action, but when in another place in that dimension time can go faster than in another place. Time starts out as the antagonist when people at NASA realize that they need to find somewhere else to live other than earth because of pollution. When Cooper is in space and in a different galaxy time goes by much faster than it does on earth.

The cinematography in this film was the normal space movie shots. It shows earth from outer space with is always cool no matter how many times you see it. There were not any unique shots in the film, but to have such a wide variety of shots in a single film was unique. To have a shot of a sandstorm and of all of earth the same movie is unique. To have a shot of the fourth dimension was very unique though. I can’t think of any film that I have seen that uses the “fourth dimension”.
            Sound also played a major role in the film. It played that role in the form of silence. When the explosions would happen in space it would be silent, because there is no sound in space. Overall I thought that this was a great film both from an entertainment point of view and a technical point of view. It really captures the viewer's attention with the very intense plot. This is a film that anyone that has any interests whatsoever in adventure or drama needs to see.