JediKnightGirl

15 y/o
Bi, she/her
Hopeless romantic, fangirl, feminist, anxiety
Hufflepuff, Hamiltrash, & more
Obsessed with Thomas Jefferson
Artist, Writer, Musician, Singer
Love, music, & friendship are everything
<3

Thank you guys for reading :) good luck to anyone else entering #FlynnsStupidContest! Link in footnote :)

Love is Cruel

10
    My friends in America call me Vee, short for Valentine, and my European friends call me Ro, short for Amorosa. But I don't know everyone, even though everyone knows me. The rest of them - they call me Love.
    "Love will find you," people say. Oftentimes, I do. Sometimes not. I can read minds and make myself invisible, but I can't find my way to everyone. Mortals have called me a battlefield, a losing game, a rose, but I like to think of myself as a person. A person with a deep red pixie cut wrapped in a heart-print bandana, heavy eyeliner, and a leather jacket, sometimes with a bow and quiver (but that's just for special occasions). My friends say I can pass for an average teenage girl. But as I walked through Central Park one day, looking for my next victim, I knew I was much more.
    The two boys, a blonde and a redhead, were talking and laughing with each other on a park bench when I approached. I was invisible to them. I heard talk of a dog named Seamus learning how to sit and stay, and failing miserably many times in the process. The laughter faded away, and the red-haired boy blushed before looking at his feet. "I've always wanted to be a veterinarian."
    I grinned, almost able to feel my brown eyes sparkling. Any moment now. The blonde boy beamed at him. "You'd make an amazing veterinarian."
    Walking past them, I brushed my hand against the redhead's shoulder. At my touch, he fell in love with the boy across from him. I could see it in his eyes, in his smile. They would've made a beautiful couple.
    My gaze hovered over the blonde boy. All it took was one tap, one brush of my fingertips, and the love would be requited. But I'd been too kind lately. It was only fair to let this flame flicker out. I'd come back for both of them - I would at least try. "Love is a beautiful thing," people say.
    You know what else they say?
    "Love is cruel."
Enter #FlynnsStupidContest! For info and prompts, go to this link: https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/78903/version/149352

• Johanna

Congratulations on winning the contest! This is such a special piece and I like it a lot!

• Corner Writing Club

Our first newsletter plus a new prompt is now up!

• Corner Writing Club

Just want to let you know we have a new post up!

• Corner Writing Club

I'd just like to let you know that we have some new posts up, updates on the club and such!

• Corner Writing Club

Hi! Since you joined the club, I'd like to ask you to please fill out the form in our piece called Rules and Form; it'll help us keep track of who's in the club and what each member is like. Thanks! We're glad that you joined!

• Corner Writing Club

Hi! This is RainAndSonder. The club I mentioned in that one piece is now open, and this is the account for it! I just wanted to let you know since you expressed interest in it. To join, just go to our profile and follow the instructions there. Of course, you don't have to, just thought I'd let you know! :)