kanigi7

just a kitten with a laptop

i may not be the best, but i try my best.

sometimes beauty is not conventional. sometimes the ugliest things will become the most beautiful.

Indigo Bats

PROMPT: The World Anew

5
Darkness had fallen and the air was stained with the colours of firewood, sparks, and smoke. A comfort wrapped around us as we lay on the grass, watching the familiar turn into the new as stars began to dot the indigo stretch of sky. The atmosphere was peaceful, without reality, or as if the time of reality had stopped or been put on hold. 

Everything became another dimension, parallel to our own, but yet... Different in its own ways. 

Flits of shadows darted over our heads, playing with the trees and each other, acting as playmates and strangers all at once. Zig zag flight patterns and the quiet hush of wings became our only focus besides the stars and moon. We were like invisible observers, watching the bats return from their daylight slumber. Watching the stars twinkle in the dark. Watching the constellations dance among the groups of nearly-black bat wings as partners at a ball.

The beauty in it all never escaped us, though the time surely did as soon the chill of the wind gained victory over a fallen collection of smoldering wood. The embers of our fire was dying, and we were forced to leave behind the beauty of another world found in the darkness of night. 

2

• Johanna

This is so beautiful!

• rosemarywisdom

Great piece! Also... love the profile pic!