Saman

Hello! I'm Sam, a young teen writer. I am a complete bookworm and aspiring wordsmith of all sorts. Criticism is always welcome!

"'I didn’t go there looking for you. I went looking for me.' My voice is soft, low, and shaky. 'But now, here you are, and somehow, in finding you, I think I’ve found myself.'"

- "Every Last Word" by Tamera Ireland Stone

To Those in the Dark

3
To Those in the Dark:
You're not alone.
Wait- before you click away, I know it sounds cliche, but really- I mean it-
You are not alone.

And I know it feels like the walls are closing in,
And that the sky has been dark for too long and the lights are no longer bright enough,
And everything is steadily getting heavier and heavier until it's an effort to even pick up your head,
I know that feeling.
I do.

The people who ask too many questions are faking their concern,
The people who make you ask yourself too many questions are trying to make you see the truth,
The people who stay silent just don't care.

Those voices in your head that don't really affect you, that you feel like you can ignore-
They do change you, and maybe you can fight them alone, but then again, maybe you can't.

When the darkness doubles down,
And the waters grow deep,
And the sun sets,
And you feel like you have finally fallen to the bottom of the hole that's been slowly dug under you for as long as you can remember-

There are hands above you,
Reaching to pull you up.
Some you may know,
Some you may not,
But they're there.
They just can't see you in the dark.

So reach below you, find the match below your feet, and light it.
Trust me.
They're not staying quiet because they don't care,
They're staying quiet because they don't see you until you let them.

Light the match.
If you ever need a hand to help you up, a voice to comfort you, or just someone to listen to what no one understands- I'm here.

1

Wow. This is honestly such an uplifting poem. It’s quite well-written too. This is unrelated, but did you know that stripedfly1001 is having a contest? You get the chance to win great prizes if you enter! The piece is called “Contest” And you look it up in the search box there for more information. Thanks for your time!