Wtw pfp

stripedfly

I like cats.

I prefer being alone, cold to heat, and chocolate over broccoli.

Contest (my friend came up with this, not me)

6
Okay, I've noticed that some of the other writers *cough maybe like the wonderful Catlover cough* are having their own contests. A while ago, one of my friends had an idea of having a writing contest, but we weren't sure how to do it. Well, now we know!

Write a piece, 500-1200 words, poem, prose, or regular, that starts with one of these sentences--

- I never meant to do it
- I regret nothing
- If I had to go though hell to bring him/her back, I would
- Up until now, my life has been a lie.

You can change up the sentences to fit you piece--put in quotation marks ("I regret nothing") change the punctuation point at the end (I regret nothing!) or add something to the end of the sentence--only the end! (I regret nothing that I have done)

Pieces are due by August 31 (Friday) Winners will be announced September 1. My friend and I will be the judges, and winners will be--

- best poem piece
- best prose piece
- best regular story piece

I know that this has a lot of detail, but we've been planning this for a really long time :) Prize will be decided later.

Please include #startingsentencecontest in the title of your piece. Other than that, you can name it whatever you like. Please say what kind of piece you are submitting (poem, prose, or regular) in your piece (these words do not count to your final word count)

Can't wait to see what people come up with!

Let me know in the comments if you would like to participate, or if you have any questions. I'm probably going to post this a couple of times ;)
Probably going to be the last time that I'm posting this. 

• ethereal.otherworldly

i'm in!

• stripedfly

Yep, it's still 500-1200 @SomeFormOfWriting. Thanks for catching that!

• omicron7889

I'm in as well! (I'm doing mine in poem form btw)

• SomeFormOfWriting

I'm sorry if I missed this, but I was going through other people's #startingsentencecontest work (all amazing, by the way), but I saw a few very short pieces and was wondering if I missed an update on changing the required word count. Is the word count still 500 - 1200 words?

• SomeFormOfWriting

I think I'll give it a go, as I love the prompts.

• Lee Fudge

I am so doing this.

• Juliana

I'm going to try to participate. This is a great idea!

• Surly Wombat

Me too!

• stripedfly

Wow, so many people! Thanks Catlover!

• Catlover

Count me in, for sure! :)

• stripedfly

Wonderful!

• Saman

I'd love to enter!

• stripedfly

Great!

• Mary Wall

I would love to enter!

• stripedfly

Thank you :)

• RainAndSonder

I’ll help you advertise it. Here are some prize ideas, in case you need help:
    - a follow
    - a certain number of reviews on their pieces
    - a certain number of likes/comments on their pieces
    - a shoutout to them/their works
    - maybe, like, a graphic/cover for their work, if you or your friends can do photoshop, and you could use a Dropbox link to get it to them?
    That’s all I have for now. These are just suggestions, you don’t have to use any of them, just thought I’d try to help :)