Elizabeth Gordon

I'm a young writer who likes to use writing as a way to show certain things in many different concepts. Even show how to see light in some of the darkest things. My stories are usually grim fantasy, but I write in a variety of generas.

Writing is an exploration. You start from nothing and learn as you go- E. L. Doctorow

Stay in line

6
"Stay in line!" yelled the officer, I heard a whip crack and a whimper behind me. I wasn't brave enough to turn around. I just kept walking in strait line, as always. This isn't new for me, every day it's wake up, try to forget all the pain and hope it'll make you feel better, and walk in a strait line. I've tried, like most people, to forget why we walk in a strait line. But that appears to be impossible. It's because of "H". I'm not exactly sure who, or what that is. But I do know that it corrupted our world into something horrible. So horrible that everyone stopped trying to fix it and started trying to forget it. Forget what we used to be and what we are now. 
    Since nobody has the bravery to face H, well nobody since... never mind. You'll hear the legend of him soon enough. Anyway, since nobody has had the bravery to face H, it's rein has only gotten worse. It started out small, I lived in Europe at the time it started. I would hear news about "unknown forces" terrorizing the US. I was always the kind do avoid unpleasant news article. So I avoided them.
    I didn't think much of it at all. Not until it showed up at my doorstep. I can still hear the officers banging on the door, screaming before pushing it down. The rest I successfully forgot. All I know is that I never saw my sister again and now I'm here. Walking in a strait line.
I might turn this into a novel, not exactly sure yet.

1