Nadia Kotova

Hey guys!
Writer
Baker
Beverly Lewis books
Percy Jackson
Harry Potter
Louisa May Alcott
Disney
HTTYD
Homeschooled
Perpetually happy
Most importantly: a child of the King
I love you!
Jesus loves you!
To God be the glory!

When I was twelve, I started writing a story about wolves inclosed a fifty page mini-notebook with a blue sparkle cover. Now, I'm fifty typed pages into a fantasy novel that I started at fourteen and have revamped. Hopefully one day you'll see on bookstore shelves.
Never give up on your writing. Don't throw anything away, even if it stinks. The little snippets of nothing you started as a 10 year old can always be reworked into something wonderful. All good writers have journals of bad stuff. The good writers are the ones who kept writing anyway.
I almost threw away that first blue notebook. Now I have an abundance of journals and spirals filled to the brim. Don't give up. God gave you the desire to write for a reason!
I love you guys!

My Ideas

-I love being a part of a supportive community of writers. The encouragement I have received from my peers solidified the fact that I'm not wasting my time with something in which I have no potential. It has really bolstered my drive to write as well as the belief that I can write. 

-The only thing that I have not liked was the review I received back from the write the word editor (whatever they are actually called, I can't remember). I had already received good reviews from my peers on the competition piece, but the professional missed the point I was trying to communicate unlike the teenagers who use this site. I know that because this is a website for kids, they don't expect the depth an adult can convey, but age does not determine skill in any way, shape, or form. This is probably just me being petty, but I still didn't appreciate the tone of the review. 

-A search bar would be nice. I would love to be able to access my work, others' work, and other users without having to filter through the recently published stories and my own feed. 

-I would love some prompts regarding specific techniques in fiction writing rather than solely creativity prompts. I think most of the people on this site would absolutely love a way to brush up on specific skills, even basics like ways to use sentence variety to strengthen your writing and create mood. 

-I don't peer review often because I think the questions given are vague. I also hate answering the 'what inspired to write this piece' question or anything that relates to that. In my own writing, I often don't know what directly inspired it. On this website in particular, the idea probably just sounded cool. 

• August 23, 2018 - 10:24am (Now Viewing)

• Nadia Kotova

I try to peer review then I can’t think of answers to the questions so I don’t finish them.

• Number Two

I agree with the given questions; they're too simple and often times aren't what I want to say about the piece.

• Nadia Kotova

I actually had not discovered the search bar . But an “explore” one would be nice too.

• Kahasai

I'd love a writing technique prompt. And I some of the expert reviews I've received aren't actually helpful. :/

There is a search bar, but not an "explore" or "discover" bar. Is that what you meant?