Peer Review by Onion3102 (Australia)()

Late

By: ollieollie

It is an interesting feeling, when you are more awake in the early hours of the morning than you are in the mid-afternoon. I suppose, when one's bloodstream mostly consists of caffeine, you continually have a backup generator of energy so long as you keep drinking coffee.
It is an interesting feeling, when any movement you make is deafening to the ears, simply because the world is so silent that even the clicking of a keyboard could potentially wake up a whole neighborhood.
It is an interesting feeling, when you suddenly become hungry because your body needs fuel to replace the need for rest. But microwaves are so loud, and if I accidentally set the kitchen on fire trying to make scrambled eggs, my mom will be mad that I woke her up.
It is an interesting feeling, when you realize that the majority of your country is sound asleep. Knowing that you are one of few who are either dumb or brave enough to stay up past midnight when you most likely have work or school in the morning.

On that note, hello, everyone in Australia!

I was scrolling through the website feed when I realized that everyone online was literally on the other side of the world. I should probably go to bed soon.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

The imagery! Goodness, some of the phrases you use are amazing! I love how it provides those certain feelings that only come with that time of day.

I think some of your ideas such as the silence of the world could be deepened by maybe expanding on why the world is so silent. Also, your use of the first person kinda changes the perspective and is a bit bumpy in terms of cohesion. Try to also broaden your vocabulary if possible because they add more interest to a piece, strengthening the overall message as well

Hiya! It's my first time doing a review so please excuse any mistakes!
Your piece is overall really good. When I read this piece, I knew exactly how you feel because I myself wake up five in the morning to do work sometimes! I'd say that when writing a piece like this again, provide even more imagery that involves more senses (sight, hearing, smell, taste and touch).
Please let me know if there is anything in particular you would like to know about your piece and I will try my best to help!
This is a fab piece and I hope that you keep writing!