ollieollie

Um......hi

Over the past year, I defeated a fear of other people, learned the value of clarity and brevity, fought writer's block, and developed pride in my words.

Now I am a writer with a love for onomatopoeias and an affinity for semicolons.

A couple of my favorite original characters.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Mari and Geo

PROMPT: Mad Libs

1
Mari Angelino is a nineteen year old Italian immigrant, who lives in late 1920's San Francisco. Known for her standoffish temper and inability to hold a job, she wants nothing more than to protect her younger brother and keep a roof over their heads. She pretends to be the toughest waitress in Hunters point, when in fact, inside, she really feels like an inadequate guardian and is really worried about hers and her brother's future. Mari’s biggest fear is evicted from their apartment, or worse, deported. What Mari needs is a stable, high-paying job; the biggest thing getting in the way is her impatient attitude.

Geo Angelino is an eleven year old kid living under the care of his older sister, who lives in their tiny apartment. Known for being quiet and compliant, he wants nothing more than to take some of the responsibility off of Mari. He pretends to be shy, when in fact, inside, he really feels extremely guilty and responsible for most of his sister's worry. Geo’s biggest fear is being left alone to take care of himself. What Geo needs is a guardian who can actually meet his educational and medical needs; the biggest thing getting in the way is his continual faith in Mari, despite her obvious paranoia and decaying mental health. 

• August 16, 2018 - 10:58pm (Now Viewing)