This is me

_TJNR@cheshire_

I am Talise, although you can call me by my username. I write so I can express myself. I am 12 but please do not judge me by my age. I believe that everyone should have a voice even someone like me. Always follow your dreams and never give up!

This is part of a series so please go check the rest of them out! They are under the same title except part 2 or 3 etc. Thanks!

Silence is laughing part 1

1
I look out the window of Clarina's Subaru Forester onto the snow blanket which covers any land for miles. Gaps between the snow signify the trunks of large pine trees and a ring of their fine needles lay on the snow around them. I wish to open the window to check for any woodland life, although it is far too deep into winter to think of doing such a thing. The AC is turned up to the highest setting, although my insides feel as cold as they have ever been. I am experiencing guilt. Fortunately, this is the first I've had of such a feeling, so I have never been severely affected by it. I notice Clarina's warm laughter fill the car followed by a question possibly directed towards me.
"Pardon?" I reply innocently. "I was just wondering Skye, if you would like a hot chocolate we're about 10 miles from an inn that I used to go to when I was young, at least if it's still there..." " That would be wonderful thank you Clarina." " You don't have to call me Clarina sweetie." This comment was followed by more joyous laughter. I drown out the conversation again and slowly thoughts drift back into my mind.

Sorry for taking so long naming this! This is an edited version so don't pay much attention to the previous one I published.