Images %286%29

Turah Hills 45

I've lived in three different sates, currant one included. Spend most of my time reading and thinking of new things. One thing that ticks me off is not having things around me in order. Whether for life or writing.

The Arrow

He flourished on a signature capability, aiming the point of the arrow at the target. An thousand feet away through trees and other obstacles.A straight shot, one thousand-five-hunred to two-thousand feet away. Easy.

Caff was in the woods practicing his new found skill. He found out only a month before when he entered a county archery competition. For fun. Even though he's never done anything like it before. Caff quickly went up and made it to state and country. He could have made it to world, but decided not to and just have be as a hobbie. Here he was, taking a break from life. Shooting different directions, poistions, and even ways never tried before. 

Caff is upside down haning from a tree looking where to shoot. He heard a rustle in the bushes to the left. He shifted the bow towards the sound. Pulled back the bow and called out, "Who's there? Come out where I can see you or I'll shoot!"

No one came out, but the bushed moved in response. When it moved, he caught a part of something red. He aimed and relaesed the arrow. Making it go through the top of the bush and hit the tree right behind. A girl with red hair, jeans, and a dark green hoodie, jumped out with a yelp. As she turned to glare at Caff, he swung down from the tree.

"You know there are wild animals in here?" Caff asked the girl.

"I know that," She shot back,"I was following you."

"Why were you following me?" He asked, taking a step back in surprise.   

"Cause," She said, "I see you walk in here almost in here every day with your bow and arrows. I never see you take anything else and never bring anything out. I thought I would follow you and see what you do."

"Umm," Caff said, "Have you seen enough to know what I do?"

"Yes," The girl answered.

"What is your name?" He inquired.

"Valley," She said back.

He looked her over again. She stood diffidently, as she's waiting for him to challenge her. Caff didn't know how long they stood there like that... But he the, breaking the silence, said "My name is Caff. Nice to meet you. If you are so suspicious, follow me and I'll show you what I do."

Caff and Vally spent the rest of the day in the woods and became fast. All because of his capability of shooting a bow.