Sakshi Rastogi

Open letter to Dreams

Dear dreams,
You remembered that child who once promised to fulfill you? That little young mind is me. So I thought to write to you and let you know once for all- “I didn’t intend to go away.” 
The closer I think you are, the farther you move away from me. You know that I had promised to be an excellent Chess player when I was young, I'm sorry I didn't made it so...
I'm sorry I actually monitored those things people say about you. I'm sorry I didn't respect you then. I'm sorry I didn’t felt you.
Following you isn't easy. I'll stumble away from you for awhile. I was so excited to have you, but this society taught me that you are not worth it. I eventually lost hope and interest in you, understanding them. But I am so wrong to ignore you. We've been through a lot together. You've 
seen me change and grow.
Every once in awhile I feel like you're too far and I'll never get to you. I'll get demented, I'll freak out, I'll even consider taking a pause from you, but you are always there waiting for me. 
​You understand and believe me always. For that, I thank you. I'm sorry I ever doubted you. Just when I felt all my hope was lost, you sent some things my way that I really needed. We don't have the smoothest relationship, but there is no one else I would rather be on this journey with. You remembered that child, yes, it’s me… I’m coming…
Sincerely,
An-Ambitious-Girl 
(Sakshi Rastogi)
This is an open letter to my dreams which I saw when I was young...