Nonny21

Maldives

I'm just a girl who loves playing with words :)

It' been quite a while since I've written so this didn't turn out that good. Do let me know what you think.

Imagination

12
My imagination is both a blessing and a curse.

It's a blessing that i get to daydream, creating beautiful scenes and places. A lush green forest, quiet and sunlit, my haven. A bustling city with tall skyscrapers and radiating liveliness. An airport, a gateway to the many journeys I could go on.

Then came the characters. Sometimes there are people I don't know, so I get to know them. Mostly they are who I know, though a little different. Diane is exactly like how she really is, physically. Slim and tall with hundreds of freckles. She's all smiles and infectious laughter, with witty comments. Actually, she's exactly who Diane used to be. Now her laughs are few and far in between, her smiles are rare and she barely even talks anymore. It's like she's fading away in front of me and yet I can't do anything. My Anna is like how she used to be, before she got caught up with those friends. Before they taught her that it was cool to smoke, cool to steal and cool to be mean. Before she changed

Everything's changed and is strange and unfamiliar. That's where my imagination comes in. It provides my friends as they used to be, familiarity and comfort.

And that's where my imagination starts to be a curse. 

I get detached from reality, because it's so much easier and less confusing in my head. Sometimes I feel like I'm living a dream, hazy scenes and complete with things that make no sense.
I know it's real, but everyday it feels less so.

• August 5, 2018 - 12:27pm (Now Viewing)

• Natashia Grace

exactly how i feel. thanks for writing this :)

• Nonny21

@2A,2H and 1D @mariaa Thank You!!!

• mariaa

I'm speechless! It's perfect! Keep it up!

• The Ha

I'm touched with how you defined your imagination. 'Both a blessing and a curse'
    Simple but meaningful. KEEP GOING

• Nonny21

@Catlover @RainAndSonder @INVISIBL3
    Thank you!! Glad you liked this :)

• INVISIBL3

Exactly. This sums it all up perfectly :)

I actually quite liked it. It gives us a glimpse into the narrator’s life and mental state, and has a sad sort of feeling to it. That last line is especially powerful.

• Catlover

I can relate to this...