Gabriel Goodwin

Philippines

Writing. Inspired. Art.
I've always been inspired by animation. It's strange really, but that's why I write!
The biggest challenge is to convey that in words.

Remember to write what you love! Peace!

/// WTW Writer since 2017 ///

Republishing this piece again. Before I go, I just want to republish my favorite pieces for everyone to read :D They're what made my time in WtW meaningful. :DDDDD

I'm old...This account will disappear in 3 weeks time, and I will miss you all...

Washed Up

PROMPT: Impermanence

13
The waves carried none,
But the body of a whale,
Washed up; choked plastic

• August 10, 2020 - 6:55am (Now Viewing)

• Bhavya's Treasure

Heart breakingly stunning!

Nooo you can't be leaving too! I'll miss you. <3

• Luna Lemon

This is so well done. It's amazing you were able to get across such a serious issue and full story with only these few words. Whales are one of my favorite(if not my favorite) animals and I'm glad someone would write something about the serious dangers they are in. INCREDIBLE job and keep writing!

• nezi_nes

Hey yup, you found the piece! Glad to know other people are also concerned about this topic.

• The Great Gabs-by

Ouch, the poor whale... This piece is wonderful and so poignant. *sniff*

• Gabriel Goodwin

@Riley - Really sad :-( Makes me cry that it happens actually...

@xzhang - Thanksssss! Is that technically a peer review from you? haha

@nezi_nes - Yup, but whatever we do actually can damage nature in any sort of way these days. It's important that we also strive to do something about it rather than letting all of these bad things keep happening (you know, turning a blind eye and all). May I know that piece btw???

• nezi_nes

I watched a documentary about plastic whales, too. It's incredibly disappointing to see us as a human race disregard nature so carelessly. Like you, this also became the inspiration of one of my pieces.

• xzhang

...who knew 17 syllables could be so sad, and yet so eye-opening? I found it very effective that you focused on a small snapshot to convey such an enormous message, and how you didn't bring in the most important part - "choked plastic" - until the very end. I love it!

• Riley Noel

Oh how sad!