Otter

Rachel the Author

I spend most of my free time writing, reading, watching anime, or playing tennis. I love sports, anime, gaming, writing/reading and being with friends. I'm not afraid to be myself and try to encourage others to do the same. God be with you! :)

Please give helpful feed back. All help is welcome because I love being able to improve! Thanks! :)

A Grasshopper's Tale

PROMPT: FACT

0
"The Hairworm has the ability to infect different inscets and causes them to to jump into a lake or stream in order to be able to reproduce. Isn't that interesting?" That one simple sentence started everything. "So they literally cause their prey to kill themselves so they can reproduce? That's so cool!" A conversation blossoming from a writing assignment. I never knew how such a little thing could give us something so great. What started as just a little tidbit of information, transformed into a friendship. We grew so close. I had been infected by your friendship and kindness. Nothing could tear us appart. Joined at the hip, almost noboby saw us away from each other. It was the best year of my life. Then you left. You moved away to a new place and I was forced to stay. I was that little grasshopper that was forced to jump into that one lake or stream so the hairworm could emerge and find someone else to infect...
Time passed, and I forgot because I didn't want to remember. I tried to move on but nothing could fill the empiness you left. Years went by and I never saw you. I gave up. Then one day my eyes opened. It was there on street right in front of me. You. I call out to you and your eyes light up like a Christmas tree as we embrace. I can't remember a time when we were happier. It's forever before we let go. Then you whisper in my ear the first thing you ever said to me. "The Hairworm has the ability to infect different insects and causes them to jump into a lake or stream in order to be able to reproduce. Isn't that interesting?"
"So they literally cause their prety to kill themselves so they can reproduce? That's so cool!" I replied. The smiles never left our faces as we walked along together. Maybe I would be willing to let your love infect me again, all so that we can be together.