Waterfire

JCWriter

I'm an aspiring novelist with a passion for free verse and epic fantasy (and occasionally being over-dramatic).
Hufflepuff ~ INFP ~ TCK ~ reader of many things
been here since about 7.26.2017

There is always hope.

"I certainly have not the talent which some people possess," said Darcy, "of conversing easily with those I have never seen before." (Jane Austen)

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost." (J.R.R. Tolkien)

"Nobody can be uncheered with a balloon." (A.A. Milne)

~

If you're here looking for something to read, some of my favorites are "Ten Wishes--A Poem", "Light", and "A Possibility". :)

Qayıdış (A Returning)

PROMPT: The World Anew

2
    Fifteen months--four hundred and fifty-eight days--ten thousand nine hundred ninety-two hours.
    That was how long she had waited for this moment.
    Flavescent rays from spindly streetlights kept the blue-black darkness of the sky at bay, filling the air instead with an aura that screamed City! Despite the time of night, there were people everywhere; the flight in had been full, and now the crowd of taxi drivers waiting outside the airport doors was making the most of the opportunity while it lasted. They shouted and competed for patrons, the very non-English sounds meshing together to form a symphony of familiar but fresh noise. The brown-haired girl with the zebra-striped backpack grinned through her tiredness.
    At last, she was back.
    Even if she hadn't known it when she'd left, this was home.

1