Angelina Nguyen

"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing."
-Benjamin Franklin

Hello, everyone! I hope you enjoy my pieces published on this page! Most of what I write is inspired by real life events, along with people I have the pleasure of meeting. Please favourite, review, leave a comment or share any of my works if you like them because it may not seem like it but it means a great deal to me and will make my day tremendously.

​Terrigal's Front

PROMPT: The World Anew

9
Nothing was greater than the greetings from towering pine trees travelling down the lane. There are hardly any where I lived. My body was paralysed entirely as a flock of seagulls cawed over in dissonance, outdoing one another in superior shows of flight. In the city, they were uninviting and stole chips. It was unexpected that they did not plummet down from the aroma of my picnic basket. They instead landed on the shores and called for me with open wings, feathers barely touching the surface of the water. I followed accordingly, digging into the unknown. 

The coarse granules were sticky sugar in my fingernails, my bare feet infused with salted crunches. Fractured slabs of sand were broken in my grasp and crumbled like disintegrating ash of incense to the ground. A child's laughter resonated across the front with his raspberry ice block that desperately latched to the paddle pop but dripped from the hot air. I had never seen the horizon cling as tightly as it did to the sea, the further it disappeared from sight.  

A light pole gave a smile from the road I drove from. Arms sprouted out of its post and tipped the canopy like a fedora. I spun as panoramas of the beach unravelled before me. It was as if I had entered a new world and I had yet to explore what was there beyond the fringes of the rocks, what else there was to Terrigal. 

• July 20, 2018 - 8:24am (Now Viewing)