JediKnightGirl

15 y/o
Bi, she/her
Hopeless romantic, fangirl, feminist, anxiety
Hufflepuff, Hamiltrash, & more
Obsessed with Thomas Jefferson
Artist, Writer, Musician, Singer
Love, music, & friendship are everything
<3

Hey guys - thanks for reading! My other poems in this series shouldn't be hard to find if you'd like to read them (this is my seventh), just go to my published works and scroll down a little bit. I publish one a month and I'll keep doing it until the end of the year.

The Colors of July

13
Pineapple
A light
You sense it inside you
As the feeling of summer sets in

Shimmery lavender
A seashell
Washed up on a starlit beach
Waiting to be found

Cherry red
An explosion
Lighting up the sky
In memory of a new beginning

Royal blue
A lake
Watching the sunset
From the edge of the dock

Stained white
A breath
Sweat beading on your forehead
And clawing your way to the AC

Gold and gray
A fish
Swimming past your feet
As you wade through the pond water

Cool orange
A step
Flip-flops clapping on the deck
And painted toenails peeking out
This is the seventh poem in my "Colors" series (I have one for each month so far, January through July), and it took me forever to finish and publish, but I'm so glad I can finally share this with you all! Like I've said before, these poems are inspired by a condition I have called synesthesia - it's a really cool thing to have, and I highly recommend looking into it if you're interested.

• July 27, 2018 - 6:40pm (Now Viewing)

• Silver Pen

Pineapple is your summer fruit, huh? Interesting...

• rosemarywisdom

I love this! (Also, I have a friend who has synesthesia, and I think the whole concept of seeing colors when you hear sounds or even taste food is cool!)

• JediKnightGirl

LackingASocialLife: That's hilarious. I didn't even realize that July would be very different for people in other countries, but that's so cool. Have fun in wintry July! :)

• LackingASocialLife

Hah! An Australian July is just a wintery chaos. Half of us are hibernating in 78-degree weather and the other half are waltzing around in singlets insisting it's not cold and offering to go to the beach.

• JediKnightGirl

Thank you SO much Luna Lemon! You just made my day :)

• Luna Lemon

This was amazing! Your examples and imagery is off the charts in this piece. Its cool that synesthesia inspires you; it's really cool and creative to put it into words. INCREDIBLE job:)