Mary Wall

Aspiring Author
Dancer
Bookdragon
Icecream Consumer
Daughter of the King
Dessert Craver
Homeschooler
Adventurer
Dreamer
Coffee Drinker
Fangirling over the Ranger Apprentice Series
ISFJ

Any feedback it welcome! Even the corrections!

A look at my view

2
    If you followed a quiet, dusty highway until you felt like the only human alive, you're probably near my home town, Goldendale. 
    Nestled behind the hills of the Columbia Gorge is a quaint little town filled with a small population of people who knew each other so well that you basically had a town full of neighbors and best friends. 
    There's one  high school and one grade school, one hospital, one library, one general store, and one grist mill. There's two dentist working literally side by side, several grocery stores, and many thrift stores due to the shocking amount of elderly people. 
    Goldendale has one flashing red light and several stop signs. As I said, many of the inhabitants are elderly. 
    For fun, you might go to the bowling alley, or you might take a trip to the observatory on the top of the hill, or, if you're feeling especially brave, you might take a dive in the public swimming pool. 
    Most of the roads are like the town, faded and dusty. But then there's the newly paved one running past newly built apartments. The old and the new merge together throughout the town. 
    To eat, you can choose from fast food or high style restaurants, chinese, mexican, etc.
    As a relaxing evening activity, you could take a drive through the beautiful outskirts of the town, crossing the Singing Bridge and weaving through fields of wheat, barley, oats, and alfalfa. 
    We get eleven inches of rain in the spring and fall, and feet of snow in the winter. Summer is hot and dries out the surrounding hills by July. But it's also the time of year that everyone splashes around in the Klickitat River or Maryhill, a swimming cove on the Columbia River. 
    It can be boring at times, but at others, Goldendale is full of surprises. It's like a book. If you stick with it long enough, you learn to read between the lines and see the details in everything. 
    Here's to my hometown, the place that will always be etched on my heart. 
    Goldendale.

• July 3, 2018 - 7:44pm (Now Viewing)

• Mary Wall

I'm still short a 150 words. Any ideas?

• Victoria Penning

I love this. :) The descriptions are great. :)