Emma A

Hi.

Who I am

PROMPT: FACT

1
The way I viewed myself always came from other people. 

As I child I played sports, it was constant running around energy. I was described as athletic by my friends and family. 
So that's what I was athletic. 

My parents are Hispanic, I am Hispanic and I lived in a diverse area. I was told I was burnt by the sun. Granted this was by my fairer toned friends and we were seven. 
So I was sun burnt, I suppose. 

As I grew up I stopped playing sports as much. I began to be described as not as skinny as the other girls, courtesy of my friends trying to make themselves feel better about their bodies but not trying to make me feel bad about mine. 
I wasn't fat I was told, I was square. So then I was that. 

I liked math, I liked science, I loved to read, and I got used to being alone. I was told I was weird, ugly and friendless by people who were not my friends. So then that was who I was, weird, ugly, and friendless.  

As I got older I moved schools. I was told I was awkward and weird. No not weird, unique. I was told by my friends. So this was who I was, awkward and unique. I liked that word better. 

Now in that stage of maturing, I am not interested  in opinions. I know the facts, I make up my own mind of who I am going to be and who I am. 

Opinion: a view, judgment, or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter
Fact: a thing that is indisputably the case.
View: a mode or manner of looking at or regarding something
b : an opinion or judgment colored by the feeling or bias of its holder 

• ALangford

I really like what you've done with this, it was really interesting to read and definitely a unique way of tackling the prompt. Well done!! x