WhiltiernaWolfLord

1. Once upon a midnight dreary...
2. ace of spades
3. Bowties are cool
4. JACK JACK THE PUMPKIN KINGGGGG
5. The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint Exupéry
6. TØP, FOB, P!ATD, Mumford and Sons, The Beatles, Black Sabbath, George Ezra, Hozier

Five selected beginnings! Comment on your favorites and I will extend them into blurbs. :)

Beginnings!!

1. Character Description. 

Those who thought they knew Cylo Morgenstern would call him fair, normal, distracted, endearing in all his unexpected quirks. Those who knew him knew his strangeness extended from a disturbed mind, a skewed reality, and at least four different instances when they contemplated murder. However, I suppose both echelons were right, in the bare minimum that he was, in essence, exceedingly odd. 

2. Generalized Statement. 

A well holds more than wishes when lives are on the line. 

3. Specific Time.

Eighteen minutes past four, Hart's life changed, and it wasn't for the better. Within the last four minutes, he'd been thrown to the ground twice, beaten bloody once, threatened with bodily harm, and robbed of any dignity and secrets he might have ever had. Within the last ten minutes, he'd been blackmailed, had a gun shoved in his face twice, gotten blood on his favorite suit, and interrupted on a phone call once by an unknown number. It was safe to say, Hart reasoned that his life had come apart in the last fourteen minutes.

4. Precursor. 

This is a secret I've never told anyone, no matter how much I longed to, no matter the pleading of the person, no matter my owm resolve. When this happened, I couldn't let the information now held within your hands fall  into the wrong ones. Even now I write in code from an undisclosed location, you'll forgive me for changing all the names and places within this text. But the essence of the secret, however altered, remains inexorably true. 

5. Question.

Every now and then, Sylvia's heart would twinge when recalling her ex, Mark, but she reckoned that she had simply forgotten to wind it that morning. 

• WhiltiernaWolfLord

Thank you!! Keep writing! I'll try to extend 1 and 4 (I don't think there's much to say for 3 and 5.)

• Mae

Theyre all amazing, but my favorites are 4 and 5. Awesome!!!

• Uma Bhat

Ok, wow, your first description caught my eye and it did not disappoint! That was really well written. The rest of them were beyond amazing too!

• Kahasai

I don't know which is my favorite, I love all of them. But, if I thought hard about it, I think 1,2, 3, 4, and 5 are my favorites. Oh, wait . . .

How about 3 and 5?

. . . Yeah, those are my favorites. 3 and 5, ladies and gents!