Riley Noel

Senior Peer Reviewer
Former Write the World young writer, now mentoring other WtW young writers through peer reviews!
I am so excited to help other young writers better their craft!!

Thank you all so much for reading my work! Any comments reviews, questions, or suggestions are welcome. If no one told you today you are beautiful and deserve to smile :)

Adrenaline

Adrenaline taste like the first shot of whiskey at a corner bar. It hits your tongue in a firey splash, and sets your body buzzing. It taste like salty sweat that drips off your forehead and moistens your lips. It taste like coppery blood when you bite your fingertipsin anticapation. Its the inky taste of black coffee in the early morning,  a whole Red Bull in the afternoon, and a cold beer at night. It taste like dirt and dust, gravel and chalk. It taste like the absence of fear.

1

• Sophia DuBose

Wow! This is stunningly beautiful with sharp vivid imagery and poetic lines. Love it!

• Riley Noel

@Luna Lemon thank you so much for your kind words!

• Luna Lemon

Whoa! You're AMAZING at descriptions leading to GREAT imagery. I really love the last line and the first line really gets this poem starting with a bam. I like descriptions like, "coppery blood" "Inky taste of black coffee" and "a whole Red Bull in the afternoon". Incredible job and keep writing;)