The Idiotic Philosopher

Slytherin
Panic! at the Disco
Fall Out Boy
Conan Gray
Daughter of Apollo
Vines
Swiftie
Hamilton
His Dark Materials
Dear Evan Hansen
Hobbit
LOTR
Star Wars
Marvel
CATS

"Dying is easy, young man, living is harder,"
-Lin Manuel Miranda, Hamilton the musical

“Don’t tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.”
-Anton Chekhov

To Whomever This Falls Too

To whomever this letter may fall to,

the past is often confusing and hard to understand. I am a person, born in the early 2000s and as far as I know still alive in 2018. In this letter I shall include many of my fascinations, worries and hopes. The worries are mostly for the whole world, and I hope in the near future people find a solution for them. The hopes are for future generations and things' well-being. My fascinations with what may come to be a reality soon are endless, vast seas of thought. 
What is to come for wildlife and the ecosystems? With populations growing how are we going to house all these people? These are just some of the problems I ponder over each day, trying to come up with solutions that won't have too much of a drastic effect on either animal's or people's lives. Instead of growing outwards, like we are currently, why don't we build further up or further down? The world's population is growing so very much, so how are we even going to do simple thing like feed them, or even give them a big enough space to move and live? How? So many animals are going extinct already, and humans choose mostly to protect the cute, attractive ones. Humans need to stop being so picky if anything but themselves are going to survive. These are only some of my worries, some of the pinprick holes in civilization that in the near future shall become gaping black holes.
I hope that the future is better than now. So many people are starving and in poverty, something that a lot of the first-world inhabitants mostly ignore. I believe we choose not to think of it because it makes us feel guilty, or simply because it is unpleasant. There are so many problems in the world, and I hope that someone can make a difference to the many lives currently being ignored. 
My fascination with life and consciousness is infinite. Why are we here? Are we even here? Are we in somewhere else entirely, but imagining we live in the wonderful world we call home? Am I the only one who's real? All these questions I ponder, and only a couple are the ones I find possible answers for. But with life such a complicated, layered structure, can we even be sure there are answers

Yours, Sincerely, Me

• August 24, 2018 - 3:43am (Now Viewing)

• Corner Writing Club

Hi! Thanks for joining the club. Could you please read How it Works and fill out the form in our piece Rules and Form? Thanks!

• The Idiotic Philosopher

I know It will have an impact on me. But it will be interesting to see if any of the faults I see in the world are still such of a huge problem.

Wow. This is powerful. I wonder what it'll be like for you in the future, looking back and reading this.