theinvisiblehumanbeing

I'm a student from Singapore who writes sometimes. :)

"sometimes,
people with stars in their eyes
drown
in the ocean of life."
- marina v.

invisible
/ɪnˈvɪzɪb(ə)l/
adjective

unable to be seen.
"this invisible gas is present to some extent in every home"

Probably the best adjective to describe me. Amid the busy city life, I will fade into the background, always watching the world from the outside, through glass windows of coffee shops on rainy days and park benches on clear ones.

And yet I am still a human being, one cursed with a heart of glass and dreams made of paper, who longs to be noticed but will only f a d e

Frenzy

There's no stopping once you've arrived, everything is a blur, a blur,
                                              it's a whirlpool, draws you deeper, at once you are enthralled
                                                     by sights and sounds of frenzied life, faintly you fear
                                                         what you see, what awaits you with this rush
                                                            that will carry you into many more sights
                                                              and sounds, into the subway and with
                                                               a roar, you take off and see people
                                                                and tracks and tunnels rush past
                                                                   you are greeted by daylight
                                                                    once again by darkness
                                                                     you want to pause for
                                                                      breath but you have
                                                                       no time to stop
                                                                        and enjoy so
                                                                          soon your
                                                                          journey's
                                                                            over.
Briefly put: Stress Writing.

a bit like stress eating except that you're impulsively pouring out words and ideas when stressed, instead of taking in food. it was like diarrhea.

This poem took the breath from me, it was just like a campfire, the words came and danced over the keyboard with their incandescence and it took my breath away, and after the flames died it was just me and my mac, sitting in the darkness staring at each other, the screen glowing with dying embers, the words has left behind, my eyes lit up with the wisdom of ideas not yet born, with stars full of hope, and my mac reflected but words, narrowing like a vortex, spiraling, swirling, into  dizzying yet blank grey.

And once I am done with my pending tasks I will stop, take a moment, and regret this.

*is stunned and speechless*

• nevaredhp

not only is the poem amazing, but the footnote is eloquent as well. well done <3

• estelle

love this

• Plausible.Poems

I LOVE SHAPE POEMS :) This is beautiful- and beautifully written.

• sasha.gemini

I love the flow and shape of this!

• Gabriel Goodwin

This is amazing! :D