Gabriel Goodwin

Philippines

Writing. Inspired. Art.
I've always been inspired by animation. It's strange really, but that's why I write!
The biggest challenge is to convey that in words.

Remember to write what you love! Peace!

/// WTW Writer since 2017 ///

I'm gonna miss Write The World so much :(((

"Write until the ink spills from your eyes like tears."

Feel free to like and comment on any of my works, and I'll do too! Oh, and if you want any of your pieces to be reviewed, just ask in the comments and I'll try to do so within the week :D

Have a great day as always! Keep writing~

Things about me:
Massive G H I B L I fannnnn
Otaku (somewhat)
Likes photography
Is part of the school band
INFJ
Art enthusiast
Weird. Weird. Weird.
Though, I'm human.
Writer all throughout

Ending Tides

Ships at a distance have every man’s wish on board. Leaving countless memories for the chance of a brand new start. A frontier without any sign of discovery, but much more without Mother’s loving embrace; forever searching for a chance to start all over.

Jane Hoven found herself staring at countless high tides. Waves crashing on beachfronts and jagged rocks. Palm trees bent outwards to the horizon, red and fleeting, as the last sunset came to be. Countless star cruisers chasing away towards the outer realms of reach, outside humanity, outside the end of it.

Jane wore her best dress; a lightly-shaded blue shirt and a plain black skirt that covered her long legs, along with a denim jacket her previous lover gifted her. Bare feet gently gracing the waves, and as the water swallowed it in its color, Jane couldn’t resist to step closer to the ocean. But, that was interrupted, as a fellow friend gave her a call: “Jane!” Her friend threw her arms for attention.

“We still have to visit San Francisco!” Hannah urged Jane to hurry. Eventually a car came by to pick them up from a parking lot outside the beachfront. Frederick shot the car through the highway, almost seamless and free-spirited, which no other car couldn’t block. No more cars existed in highways anymore; a thing of the past. Jane and Hannah were talking amongst themselves.

“You ladies want to go somewhere else after San Fran?” Frederick gave them a stare through a rear mirror.

Hannah shot her hand up saying, “Hollywood!”

“Denied. We might not make it in time to the lighthouse.” Frederick explained. Hannah dared to argue against that.

Jane, however, was lost in her own thoughts. Her eyes searched past the fiery skies, the scarlet clouds, and beyond the reaches of the moon. Though, the meteor kept blocking her view of up above. Almost like a cosmic event, the meteor looked like the moon coming up down to them. Unbelievable. She still couldn’t believe she stayed on Earth when everyone else left, for one last look at the ocean waves.

• Gabriel Goodwin

@Everyone: THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

@LackingASocialLife: OMGGGGG YOU'RE BACK!!! *fanboying to the max!!!* Glad to have you back after all these months...I'm not crying, you are huhuhu!

• LackingASocialLife

OMG YOU'RE FAMOUS WTW MENTIONED YOU *excited fangirling*

• Kahasai

This is lovely.

• JadeAndSerpentine

How you made the ships spaceships is really cool!

• Changing Accounts

Beautiful! I love the ending :)