Gabriel Goodwin

Philippines

Writing. Inspired. Art.
I've always been inspired by animation. It's strange really, but that's why I write!
The biggest challenge is to convey that in words.

Remember to write what you love! Peace!

/// WTW Writer since 2017 ///

Republishing this piece again. Before I go, I just want to republish my favorite pieces for everyone to read :D They're what made my time in WtW meaningful. :DDDDD

I'm old...This account will disappear in 3 weeks time, and I will miss you all...

A Day with Lion

PROMPT: Child Narrator

20
    I promised Lion I would go to the park today. I didn't have anything to do after school and Mom said to be back before dinner. Dad didn't say anything. Plus, my favorite show starts around 7 o'clock anyway. Lion was really happy to know that and I made a checklist to make sure we wouldn't miss any activities Lion wanted to do.
          1. Ride the see-saw: We rode it together and he was on the opposite end sitting down. It wasn’t what I expected it to be when I kept telling him to sit down and nothing happened. I couldn’t get down. It was scary, but Lion had fun.
          2. Swing by the swing set: I told Lion I would push him and he kept telling me that I should ride it instead. I don’t know why he didn’t want to but I said okay and I ride on it. Not my favorite. I don’t want to ride this one ever again, but Lion was happy and that's all that counts.
          3. Explore the slide: This was the best part of the day when we came exploring ‘The Slide Kingdom’ as I like to call it. It was the biggest fortress I ever saw in my life and the slide was way better than the slide on the other park. We had way more fun here. Lion knows it too!
          4. Ride the horse: Me and Lion found a set of horses to ride around the park. It was too bad they weren’t made of horse skin and was rubber, but we rode around like there was no tomorrow. Lion couldn’t ride the horse though, he said it gave him allergies. I didn’t know lions had allergies from horses.
          5. Watch the sun go down: We went back to The Slide Kingdom and climbed it to watch the sun. It looked like a huge spotlight and Lion agreed it did. We looked like stars at that moment, but I’m not good being looked at by other people, so did Lion. We laughed on that one. It was fun.
    Lion said that we had to go home soon since the night was about to come out, but I'm not sure if I want to leave yet. He told me I had to go now. I told him I didn't want to. I didn't want to go home yet. Home can be scary without Lion by my side.

• August 12, 2020 - 11:30pm (Now Viewing)

• JadeAndSerpentine

no...

don't go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'(

Could you please remind me where you're publishing your works now? I would be devastated to never see your writing again! And thank you so much for your comments on my piece; they really made my day.

I'm sorry to be pestering you like this, but is email not a good way to contact you? I understand if you don't want to give out your email (I made a separate account for talking with people from WtW). IDK, but is there any other way???

(Also, I don't understand the "replying" thing at all! hahaha)

• JadeAndSerpentine

In the past, I would spend hours on this site looking through all the past pieces from my favorite writers... but there were just too many!!!

I'm so glad you're republishing these pieces, as I know now how much I was missing out on. This piece is so cute and sweet!

• Wicked!

Such a sweet piece! I enjoyed talking to you a little, and while it'd have been nice to get to know you better, I wish you the best for the future :)

• Kati

I love the whimsical feel to this!

• kdxt4life

Great work on capturing the innocence of a child.

• LackingASocialLife

Amazing!!!

• Gabriel Goodwin

Thank you everyone for these comments!!! It made me smile :)

• Riley Noel

This o perfectly captures the true innocence and beauty of a child! I loved it <3

• -Foxmillionaire-

Adorable, This made me smile. :)

• Lumisade

Perfectly lovely, beautifully sad, and wonderfully childlike. Well done!