Photo 2013 04 20 09.49.23 am

double18

Nothing too interesting to tell...

Any constructive criticism would be welcomed!!

Heartache Tonight, New Light Tomorrow

“Grief does not change you, Hazel. It reveals you.”

In life people want to hide themselves and others want to wear their hearts on their sleeves. People like Hazel, people like me, want to hide. They want to bottle up their emotions so it doesn't get in the way. There are only extremes in which people reveal their emotions, one of them is grief. Grief does not change you. Grief scrapes off the layer that you hide behind so you can make it through the day. It shows what you are really capable of. It shows everything about you.

How do I know this? I've lived through grief. I had two students in my school, one in my grade and the other was a popular kid, die. They had bright futures and flawless smiles. They were the ideal student and the perfect friend. They died within the same week. The first death I dealt with and held it in, the second not so much. If you have not dealt with grief, I suggest that you try to avoid it. Grief comes in waves, cleansing you of who you thought you were. If you think you're strong, it only shows you how much you're not. If you think you are soft, it only shows you how soft you really are. Grief strips you of your fake identity and replaces you with who you really are.

1