Dsc 0263

AbigailSauble

Child of God
Pro-life
Photographer
Marine sister
Blogger
English Country Dancer
Dessert enthusiast
Sun-Child
Reader
Musician
Singer
Artist
ISFJ-A
Wind Chaser
Volleyball devotee
Movie quoter
Tea drinker
Airsofter
Cat lover
Youtuber

' "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet My unfailing love for you will not be shaken, nor My covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD.' ~ Isaiah 54:10

Proud USMC sister!

FAVORITE QUOTES:

"Most people never meet their heroes;
I grew up with mine." ♥

“And the one good thing about being down here, is that we’ll save on funeral expenses.” ~ Puddleglum (The Silver Chair)

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. ~ John F. Kennedy

How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. ~ Winnie the Pooh

https://wheniwasanartist.blogspot.com/

Some Day

1
It was a promise.
Hope. Joy. Love. A long time ago.
A diamond-studded silver band was her reminder. He promised to come back.
Some day you’ll see me walking up the avenue. A bouquet of daisies in my hand, grinning like a cat. After the war, we’ll be together forever. I love you, Renee.”
Renee dug her face into her hero’s shoulder, hiding the warm tears. She felt him kiss her hair. “I’ll be here.” She whispered, squeezing her eyes shut. She held him tighter.
The months had blurred by. Letters, crinkled from being passed from hand to hand, arrived. Renee added her own tears to the splotches and stains of the paper, and sent back replies. Encouraging her soldier from across the sea didn’t seem like enough. But it was all she could do.
A year after his deployment, another letter came. It wasn’t like the others. Daniel’s familiar handwriting was absent, and an official heading replaced his endearing greeting.
Everything but the words ‘missing in action’ muddled together. In a daze, Renee staggered outside. Fog had swallowed up the town, as though trying to protect the citizens from the overseas war. But still it affected them.
Renee stumbled through the muddy streets until she reached the top of a hill overlooking the river, which was now hidden from view. Hot tears slid down her cheeks as she pressed the letter to her heart.
“Some day. I’m looking to that some day. Come home, Daniel. I need you to smile at me, and give me that bouquet of daisies you promised.”
Her lips trembled.
“You’re my hero.” Tenderly, she brushed her lips against the white envelope.
“My only hero.”

• April 27, 2018 - 12:28am (Now Viewing)