camlily

hi there

Kind of a weird short story... thoughts?

Pencil Shavings

10
Alisson Mitchell’s legs felt like jelly as she walked towards her new classroom.  She had moved to the city of Shenigaini a few days ago, and it was her first day of school at the new town.
  The first thing Alisson noticed as she neared the classroom was the sound of a pencil sharpener coming from within the room. The sound never stopped, even after a few minutes had passed.  Alisson brushed it off as a wild figment of her imagination, but she shortened her strides in an attempt to delay her arrival in the room. She dreaded the moment when all eyes would be on her.
  The grinding, harsh sound of the pencil sharpener grew louder, and soon Alisson found herself standing underneath the doorway leading into the classroom.  The room was eerily silent other than the sound of the machine.  Surprisingly, none of the students noticed Alisson.  Their backs were facing her, and they were hunched over their desks, evidently very focused on their work.  As she cleared her throat to make her presence known, the teacher turned to face Allison.  She gasped in shock.
  The man’s appearance was frightening.  His body was normal, but his face looked as if it had been blurred out- the color of his skin and the shape of his head were normal, but he had no facial features. Allison took a step back in shock.  “Um… hi… m-my name is A-Alisson, and I’m f-from…”
  But she was cut off by the teacher, who started teaching a lesson as if she wasn’t even there.  The grinding of the pencil sharpener interrupted portions of his speech.  But from what Alisson could pick up, the lecture was about… her. 
“New student…”
“Looks a lot different…”
“Treat her with respect...”
 The class seemed to nod in unison, though their heads never once turned to meet Alisson’s.  She wondered if it would be too late to dart back out of the classroom and just go home. 
  Then, all at once, all of the students’ heads turned to face Alisson’s.  A single second passed where everything was silent, and even the sound of the pencil sharpener stopped. 
  Alisson screamed.  The children were grotesque, with terrible not-human-like features.  Their faces were blank like the teacher’s, except they each had a huge mouth with thousands of tiny, sharp teeth poking out.  They all simultaneously sprouted black wings and grew claws.  It was horrifying, and Alisson didn’t waste a second before trying to get out of the school as fast as she could.  The creatures followed.
  Alisson ran through the unfamiliar hallways of the school, her legs going as fast as they could. But the monsters were right behind her, and they weren’t getting tired.  The sound of the pencil sharpener grew louder and louder until it was all that Alisson could hear.  She couldn’t feel her legs anymore.  She couldn’t breathe anymore.
 Completely winded and ready to pass out, Alisson stopped.  The creatures halted, too, and crept towards her slowly.  The pencil sharpener was deafening.  One of the closest creatures grabbed Alisson with its horrible claws, squeezing the girl so hard that she felt her bones break.  She tried to cry out, but her energy was completely gone. 
  The creature lifted Alisson up and brought her towards his gigantic mouth.  Thousands of sharp, glistening teeth looked up at her as she tried to squirm out of the creature’s grip.  But it was useless.  Alisson closed her eyes and accepted her fate. 
  When she opened her eyes again, Alisson found herself laying in her bed. She was dripping with sweat and her heart was still racing.  But she smiled as she realized…
…it was all a dream. 
Ok so this was an assignment for Language Arts about suspense... THE END IS A CLICHÉ IM SORRY I AM A TERRIBLE PERSON :( hehe

• April 24, 2018 - 9:13am (Now Viewing)

This is seriously freaky. Great work!

• CreativeAngel

The suspense..

• FairNoble

CAMRYN! I can't believe I was part of writing this..

• Gabriel Goodwin

Weirddddd, but cool! I like this story and well done :)

• Kaitlyn ❄

UGGH I JUST STARTED TRIG.... IT'S NOT HORRID... BUT IT'S HORRID LOL

• Changing Accounts

OOH YES IT'S THE ONE WE WROTE IN LA ME GUSTA

• Hannah Gaudette - JoyfulWriter

I seriously didn't think she was dreaming until the end. :) Well done! (But I'm glad she was dreaming!)