ollieollie

Um......hi

Over the past year, I defeated a fear of other people, learned the value of clarity and brevity, fought writer's block, and developed pride in my words.

Now I am a writer with a love for onomatopoeias and an affinity for semicolons.

I think our society now lacks the joy of simplicity. I hope that future generations don't forget it.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Live

To Whomever this may be addressed:

Do Your best to maintain whatever small amount of innocence You have left. 2018 is a strange time. Morals are changing. Laws. Lives. And life is getting simultaneously longer and shorter at the same time. Children grow up faster every day. So I am going to leave You with this list of things that are important, but that are also disappearing in this time of rapid change. Look them up. Tell Your friends about them. And hopefully You'll come to understand why they are so important.
    - The Written Word: We write all the time. My generation sends texts, DMs, and emails. Who knows what You are using now. But most people have forgotten the simplicity and sincerity that comes with sending someone a letter. Writing someone a note. There is something about uneven handwriting and smeared ink that carries a magic; a life that sterile type doesn't have. Try it.
    - Holding the door: Chivalry may be an old fashioned concept, but this applies to everyone. Common courtesy is also disappearing, which is unfortunate, because it builds integrity. So hold the door for someone. Even if they are on their phone and don't say thank you. Do it because You know that You did something kind.
    - Sports in the Street: Yes, there are video games, VR, or whatever new form of entertainment You use, but go outside and get some Vitamin D. Better yet, make some friends in your neighborhood. Don't isolate yourself inside your home. Talking to someone, laughing, getting dirty and scraped up - it's how we build up ourselves and our skills with other people. 
    - Petting Strangers' Dogs: Be sure to ask first, but see if it's friendly. Ask the owner questions. Make a new friend. Let the joyful trust of a pet make your day better, even if it isn't yours.
    - Live: This is not a closed list. Do what Your soul compels you to do. Breathe in the air that this world offers and take Your day and make something of it. Don't go to bed thinking that your day was completely bad. If You laughed, if You smiled, then the day was worth living. Surround Yourself with people that make You laugh and smile.

In a world that condemns mistakes, don't forget what makes You human.

Good luck! I'm rooting for You.

1