ollieollie

Um......hi

Over the past year, I defeated a fear of other people, learned the value of clarity and brevity, fought writer's block, and developed pride in my words.

Now I am a writer with a love for onomatopoeias and an affinity for semicolons.

This looked cool, so I gave it a try.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

#LifeLemonsPrompt

3
When life gives me lemons, I make a lemon pie. Because we all get lemons eventually, whether we ask for them or not, but who we are as people completely depends on what we decide to to with them.
I make lemon pie because it takes me awhile; through a long process of perseverance and technique I can turn something bitter and sour into something sweet. I like meeting other pie people.
I know people who make a classic lemonade; in a small amount of time and a few ingredients the lemons are gone. I respect them for being so efficient, but lemonade can satisfy for only so long. I worry about lemonade people.
I know people who make sherbert; they get rid of their lemons by freezing them over. You don't hear much of sherbert people after a tragedy, they are cold like their craft and can be a bit unbecoming. However, they can be melted with a bit of meddling and a few warm words.
And I know people who do nothing with their lemons. They sit there staring in their bitterness, waiting for something to change but not doing anything. Maybe they're proud of their lemons, and show them off to everyone and even make fun of those who turn them into something else. Deep down, however, they are jealous of those who have managed to get rid of their lemons, but they are too stubborn to change. And their lemons sit there and rot, and the person along with them. I feel sorry for lemon people.
When life gives you lemons, you have the opportunity to make something sweet. You have the opportunity to create something better. And every time, the recipe gets a bit easier.

• Corner Writing Club

Hey! Since the week is drawing to a close, I just want to reminder you of reviewing assignments! Remember that when you're done, you must comment on the assignment piece so we know; I don't believe you've done that yet, although I could be misremembering. Anyway, just a friendly reminder!

• Corner Writing Club

Reviewing assignments are now up! Please read them so you know which piece to review!

• Corner Writing Club

Our first newsletter plus a new prompt are now up!

• Corner Writing Club

Fantastic piece! Instead of flipping the phrase on its head, this does something completely different, building off of it to create a beautiful prose piece. I love it! And thanks for contributing to the prompt (it's for our club, by the way, but non-members are also welcome to contribute to it!)