Youtube banner %282%29

mollyemmabarlow

I am a 16 year old writer seeking opportunities to show off my skills and provide entertainment through the form of words to people all over the globe. One day, I hope to publish my book and aspire, though the chance is small, to be like JK Rowling.

Something close to my heart. #prayforparis

Trouble In The Light

0
Once, it was a city filled with joy and love and laughter. Hopeful too; the inhabitants waited eagerly for the possibilites that tomorrow would hold. They waited, under the Tower of Lights, for too long. The Tower of Lights, glorious to the end, powerful and strong; down it came, lights flickering out like the last moments of a flaming torch as it is plunged underwater.

Small, lonely inhabitants aimlessly stumble down the once magnificent streets, trying to find the river, trying to find a way out of the hell sent city. A river crying crimson for the loss it has seen. For the sounds of utter terror it has witnessed and never dares to think about again. Littered is the river, filled with the red life of the dead.

Captured like a mouse with a broken back, caught in the metal snares of a horrendous crime commited to the hundreds, the inabitants require a safe haven - somewhere better than the streets of murder they so dearily desire to leave behind. Suffocated by panic, a madness that fights for possession of their mind and makes them feel the terror as if it is scratching their skin, crossing out their joy.

The Tower of Lights has fallen into darkness; it feels happy no longer. It only watched as bombs lit up the streets it knew so well and bullets stained them with death. It has no reason to light up anymore. It has seen this, heard this and known this was coming. Yet the Tower of Lights was worthless in the defeat of the terror. It only stood, cosumed by darkness, watching on silently, guilty it couldn't help.

Wistfully, it weeps out any brightness; its cries heard by others, close yet distant. Glimmers of hope - blue, white and red - light up the sides of structures the Tower of Lights recognises. They may be far away but it can see them. It can see them and its tears change from sorrow to joy. It isn't alone. There might be hope for the inhabitants that are left to wander the City of Lights, trying to find the Seine, trying to find a way out, trying to find the ones who didn't have time to say goodbye.